Leo

You were waiting at the entrance of the village for Leo, he had gone out on a mission and was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago. You were getting anxious, he hadn't told you who the target was but according to the information he shared with you, this person was of little importance, you wondered if that made the kill easy and if so, if he went for a walk around town or something. 

 "Please Leo... come back soon." You whispered as you looked at the sky. It was daytime, meaning it would be harder to hide in the shadows but on the other hand, it was easier to hide in the crowd. 

You decided to go undercover, you were too worried to ignore this. You went to your room and changed clothes, you wore something that wouldn't sparkle since the sun was out. 

(CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OUTFITS)

  Once you were done changing you left your room and went into town

Your hood alone was doing a good job hiding your face but you had the feeling that someone was watching you. Hopefully it was Leo who hadn't recognized you yet.

You kept on moving, you kept your senses sharp and looked for any sign of your friend. As you turned into a corner you saw a shadow jump from one rooftop to another. You jumped on the wall and from there you climbed to the roof. Your moves silent and quick as you went up.

You took a good look around but saw nothing, you moved slowly and as you looked again you saw drops of blood, at that moment you panicked. 

Did this belong to Leo?! Was he hurt?!

You run off looking in every direction for Leo. If he was hurt, you had to help him and you'd be damned if you went back home without him.

Suddenly as you jumped from a roof you saw a brown haired male on the growd and as you landed on the roof you quickly climbed down, once on the ground, you took a few cautious steps, every muscle ready to fight if that was a sick trick... but upon gazing on a pair of emerald green eyes that were in pain you realized that this was no trick, it was Leo!

 You came closer and then you saw a large cut on his right side. He had bandaged it but not to the point where he could call it safe. You touched his shoulder, causing him to look up to you, his face was filled with joy and happiness.

" (Name)!" He whispered happily. 

" It's okay, I'll take you back home. Everything's going to be okay." You whispered back and helped him get up. The two of you were now trying to avoid crowds and eventually you were almost out of sight. 

However the feeling that you were being watched made you feel uncertain. It was not an assasin, this much was clear. 

 You stopped, slowly placing Leo on the ground and then, you put your hands together in front of your mouth before leaving a wolf-like howl, this was a signal and two more assasins that were also undercover came closer, once they saw Leo they knew what they had to do.

" Why don't you go on?" One of them asked and as an answer you gave a quick glance back, they got the message and left. You looked around and after a few minutes of silence you decided to speak.

" Come out, I know you're here." You said sternly and a loud thump came from your left side. As you turned around you saw a Fanalis coming closer. 

You prepared to fight as you recognized him, he was the same one that went to get Seherazade with Muu. 

He raised his hands as proof of surrender but you didn't relax at all. You didn't know if there were more Fanalis hiding in the trees.

" Yo! What's up?"

" Who are you and why the hell are you following me?" You hissed hatefully and he shook his head in dissaproval.

" My name is Lo'lo. I'm here to watch over you." He said and you raised an eyebrow at that before leaving a scoff.

" Watch over me? Who gave you that order?"

" Our captain, of course. He said to look after you since you helped Myron." He said with a friendly smile. 

You left a growl as you began regretting your kindness. This guy was an idiot!

" I don't need protection, I, in all honesty, don't like the idea of having a Fanalis around, especially one that belongs in the Fanalis Corps." You said and before he could say another word you sprinted and left, you were running at full speed and you knew that he wouldn't follow, he was fast since he was a Fanalis but you were approaching a forest and that would be a problem for him, you could hide and remain in one place for hours without making a sound and he would be unable to notice you but he certainly would move on since he'd be unable to know if you were in the area or not. 

As you approached the village you took one last glance behind before going to Leo's house. You saw his father sitting on a chair, his wounds were slowly healing and he was getting better every day.

" Hello, (Name)."

" Hi sir Jackal, how's Leo?" You asked and he smiled.

" He's fine, thanks to you he is back home safe, his wound isn't something serious but if he stayed in town he could become an easy target." He said and you sigh in relief.

" Thank heavens. I was so worried." You admitted and he patted your head.

"Sorry but he's asleep right now. Let's let him sleep and relax. You can go home for now."

" Yeah, please tell him that I came by, okay?" You requested and he nodded, you left and went back home where your found your brother sleeping on your bed. 

You rolled your eyes but didn't wake him up. Instead you went to the kitchen where you found your mother, she looked at you and smiled. She already knew what had happened, didn't she?

" Oh (Name), I'm happy to see you came back right away."

" I was worried about Leo. Sorry for going out without permission but-"

" You saved one of our own and came back safely, that's good enough for me."

" Mom... we have a problem." You admitted, you knew you had to tell her about that Lo'lo guy.

" What's wrong?"

" It's Muu Alexius... he's sent a Fanalis to guard ME. Can you believe it?" 

" He what?! Why?!"

"Well..."

"(Name) what did you do?" She asked and after leaving a heavy sigh, you confessed.

" I saved his little sister.... because I used a poisoned blade to defend myself back when we saved sir Jackal. She... she wasn't guilty for my father's death, her brother is. I couldn't let an innocent person die like that... so I went back and saved her."

" I see, well that's indeed serious. I'll talk to the elders about it and see what I can do. However, you shouldn't leave the village for a few days. I'll talk to elders about it, so don't worry about missions for now."

" Okay." 

" Let's hope this isn't what I'm afraid it is." She replied and you wondered what it was that she was afraid of.

Thankfully it wasn't what she was imagining...

It was FAR worse.