Ways of an Assasin.

After agreeing to let Muu spend time with the children, you tripled security and were constantly on high alert. You had sent a message to the palace, telling them to be on high alert in case Muu was plotting something. So far though, everything seemed to be okay.

Today Muu spend the entire day with the children, seeing what the had learnt over the time they were away and pretty much bonding with them. As for you, you always made sure to keep an eye on him just in case he planned to take the children away when you weren't looking. Your brother Naga, had sent countless reports that some smaller organizations that were mostly focused on slave trafficing and gaining goods illegally which they later on sold in insane prices had been acting boldly, apparently the news that you were no longer in Reim had given them hope that they could now dominate the capital and some smaller regions, under the emperor's nose. Your order had been simple and very clear. The letter you had sent Naga had only one sentence but it was more than enough.

"Kill every single one of them."

You had yet to receive reports regarding the result of the missions both of your brothers were in charge of, however you were certain that things were okay. 

- (Name), we're done scouting the area around the palace. Hakuryuu said as he handed you a report. He had passed his first test as an assasin and was now taught outside the village, showing him how to collect clues, conceal himself and find escape routes. The missions he was part of were also very simple, making sure not to pressure him more than necessary, the same was done for prince Kouha, princess Kogyouku and Judal. They had taken their practice seriously, even the magi who complained all the time, had proved to be a capable man.

- I see, thank you Hakuryuu. You've done very well, perhaps you will advance sooner than expected. You said and he blushed at that.

- I'm not really that good... compared to you, I'm average.

- I was trained since I was a toddler, that alone is the reason of my abilities. You, despite having no idea how we work and investigate many situations, proved to be one of the best students I've seen so far. 

- You flatter me.

- I am only speaking the truth. Even some of the elders are impressed with you, dare I say that the favor you quite a lot and you might end up becoming the youngest member of the council, should you keep up the good work. 

At those words Hakuryuu seemed shocked, he didn't know much about the council of the elders but he knew that they were the second greatest authority after you. 

- That's too much!!! I am not that good, besides the only reason I can do well is because you taught me. He said clearly in panic and you chuckled.

- Relax, they haven't made such an offer yet. Besides, I trust you Hakuryuu, there is no reason for you to degrade yourself and your skills.

- Thank you... it means a lot. He said and suddenly someone cleaned their throat. You looked at the entrance of your office and saw Muu, he seemed furious and you glared at him.

- Where are the kids, Muu?

- One of your assasins took them, they said they were hungry and went to have a snack.

- Then there's no reason for you to be here. You said in a cold, harsh tone.

- (Name), we need to talk. He said and you scoffed but looked at Hakuryuu, a silent request to continue talking later. He got the message and left, giving Muu a small glare as he passed by him. When the two of you were finally alone, Muu came closer and you stood up, preparing for the worst.

- What do we have to talk about?

- For how long do you plan to keep this up? Muu asked, clearly unable to hide his own desperation. Despite showing his love for his children and having them return the affection, it did nothing to warm your heart and show some sort of acceptance... and it was driving him crazy.

- Need I remind you the reason this whole thing began? 

- What's so bad about ensuring that no one will hurt my family?

- Don't try use such an excuse to me, Muu. I am an assasin, I know that sometimes people kill in order to survive and protect but this wasn't the case for you. Your envy got the best of you and that's why you went into a killing spree.

- That's not true!!! 

- Isn't it? The only reason why I haven't already left to stay in another kingdom with our children is because some of them were confirmed targets that my people were going to kill eventually. 

- Then what's to be mad about?!

- I said some of them. I never said, all of them.

- I am sorry for what I've done. Please, (Name) don't turn your back on me.... it's killing me that you see me as an enemy.

- You were the one who did this, Muu. 

- I never meant to make you angry, I didn't want to hurt your feelings! I love you, I love you more than anyone else... both you and our children are what I live for! Why can't you understand that?!

- I can understand it. But the way you show it, is by all means wrong. Killing innocent people because they say mean things out of their own envy and bitterness isn't right. We all get jealous and say things that sometimes we do not mean, that doesn't mean we should be killed for it!!!

- What can I do to earn your forgiveness? What will it take for you, to accept me again?

- Stop it, Muu. I don't want to talk about this anymore.

- No! There has to be something that I can do! Something that can prove that I am honest, that what I am saying is the truth!!! 

- Well, I can't think of something! 

- What do you assasins do to prove your loyalty? To restore the trust between each other? He asked and you frowned. There were two things an assasin could do to prove their loyalty, at least in your clan. One was to take charge and complete tasks, on their own and under the watch of the elders... the second way, was to bring or raise the youngerst members into assasins that could and would be loyal to the cause that you served.

- Since you want it, we'll do it that way then. 

- The way of the assasins?

- The way of the assasins indeed. And I promise you that it will not be easy.