chlorine & basketball jerseys

creases of hotel sheets hide the blush on my cheeks, rosied with the tinge of adventure and your lingering kiss

the droplets of water littering my face from the ends of your hair newly wet from a shower and freshly fallen on me because of your soft kisses

bent over the edge of the bed with a hotel towel hanging loosely around your hips and your eyes bright with all of the possibilities of the nighttime. i can see the scar on your wrist and my brain hums at the memories of how many times I've pressed my lips to it.

"everything is an adventure if you make it that way" i tell you as i slide down the stairwell and wink as my feet plop to the floor. your arms come around my waist and a burst of laughter deep in my belly breaks loose as you toss me over your shoulder.

kisses shared in alleyways. dark, hungry, needing.
kisses shared in the pool
silly, wet, interrupted by smiles
kisses shared in the sea of sheets.
endless, soft, breathless

dance parties of two at 3am with cheap alcohol and clumsy feet as i drag you off the bed to twirl me around. standing on my tiptoes to kiss you on the cheek as i sing the songs to you into a remote and you laughing at me when i fall on my ass.

arms picking me up and mouth still trying not to laugh as you look at me like i am the only girl in the world. a stretch of intensity as the air around us fills with the buzz of all the words we could say and the unknowing of each others thoughts.

you tell me. "you are the greatest adventure I've ever been on."