2: Present

Y/N Pov

"I'm fine mom." I told her in the umpteenth time in a row over the phone.

I slump on my couch and throw my head back on the seat as I pressed the phone against my ear just staring at the ceiling.

I took a day off today since I've been working day and night lately to earn money for my house bills and pay rent.

Ms. Mai, the owner of the shop I'm working in is a nice middle age business woman who let me take a day off once in a while.

"Are you really sure about it?" Mom continues to ask, still unconvinced of my answer just like every other time.

Here she goes again.

I inwardly groan under my breath and roll my eyes, getting annoyed at the same topic for the past two months.

"Yes mom, Ofcourse." I response frustratingly just wanting her to drop the the subject already.

"Okay then." She sigh through the phone sounding not convince at all.

She's been trying to get me back home for the past two months nagging me over the phone, saying that I don't need or have to work in the first place because we have a lot of money to support me and I can help manage our company instead but that's their money not mine.

I want to earn something I did with my own hard work and not coming from my dad and mom for once.

I want to prove something for myself and not depend on them even just this time.

I want to feel independent even just for a short while.

"I'm just worried about you dear." Mom sighs and I can hear the concern lacing in her tone being the concern mother she was.

After all I'm the only daughter they have.

I frown.

I miss home somehow and mom's voice sounds homey.

"I know mom." I mumble, a small frown etching on my face.

"Just take care of yourself okay?" Mom ask, but it wasn't a question it was an order.

She sounds sweet yet stern like the caring mother she has always been.

I chuckle, the corner of my lips curling into a soft smile.

"Ofcourse mom, I will." I respond, speaking through the phone softly.

"I love you our princess."

I sigh with a sad smile, I just realize how I miss mom and dad, it's been two months after all without seeing their faces and since the day I left home to live on my own.

"I love you too mom and tell dad I love him too."

Mom and I exchange a few more words just talking about their business, how it was going and how dad has been before we bid goodbyes as she still have patients to tend to.

We actually live in Busan where dad manage a big company that he inherited while mom is a dentist and owns a huge clinic.

An incessant ringing of the door bell rang through out the flat catching my attention after a while.

I look towards the door, wondering who might be on my front door as I'm not expecting any guest today.

Getting up from the couch, I stride towards the front door and open it slightly, just enough to stuck my head in the small gap.

I look around my front porch but no human being was out there, my furrowed brows deepened as I gaze around my lawn.

There's no one out here though.