3: Black Van

Y/N Pov

After 9 agonizing hours at the coffee shop, I'm finally done with my shift. my entire outfit now smell like coffee and sweat. And it's not new to me since I've been working there long enough to get used to all the sweats and task.

After a vacant day yesterday I'm now back at the tiring work at the coffee shop.

I've been working there for almost two months now, and there's only four of us that work here at the coffee shop.

Alice, Sandria, Jacob and Jessie, we all have different shift, Alice and Sandria work at the morning and Jacob and Jessie at the evening, I work full time, day and night since I really need money.

I still have a lot of payment, the house bills, the pay rent, as well as my personal needs, and my foods to eat three times a day in a row.

I have my own car but I left it at home so I walked everytime I go home, I walked through the silent, yet dark empty streets on my own. Alone.

The car is a gift from my parents on my sweet 16th birthday and I'll be getting it back when I'll visit mom and dad in a few months.

I decided to take a shorter way home since it's really late at night and I'm exhausted. It's dangerous around this time and a lot of danger might happen, like being kidnapped, or worse raped, or even worst killed.

I shook my head rapidly to get rid of the horrid thoughts running around my head and block the thoughts away.

For the past months that I've been walking on the same path on my way home, gratefully I didn't cross path with any drug addicts and vulgar yet.

I would always hear stories about this group of men at the coffee shop that I would occasionally hear from some costumers.

They were criminals who roam the streets in some part of Korea, especially during at night.

I would also hear stories from Sandria about these criminals who was committing countless crime such as murders, robbery, slaughter, abduction, exchange of illegal drugs and illegal weapons. She said that until now, the police doesn't have any lead to the so called gang yet and they were still on the look.

I don't know how she got those information about those gang though, maybe because I wasn't updated since I don't usually watch news or open my television since I'm busy.

As to what I also heard, they were most likely taking woman at night too and leave their corpse at some alleyway, naked and bloody.

I lightly shake my head and snort.

I refuse to believe this, not that I don't believe in news but Sandria would dramatically express it, probably scaring me for I'm the only one who usually overtime leaving me alone at night at the cafe.

Maybe it's happening in some town in the country and I could only hope that those crimes won't happen in the city I lived in.

Something vibrates in my jeans, knowing it was coming from my phone, I took it out and look at the lit screen to see an incoming call from an unknown number but slide the green button anyway.

I press the phone against my ear as I continue my walk on the dimly lit street, kicking some can littered on the ground.

"Hello?"

I listened but didn't hear anything but the steady breathing of the person on the other side.

My face scrunch up a little as I waited a little more but heard nothing.

I drop the call after a while and shove it back on my jean pocket.

I sigh at the thought of a prank call from a drunk highschool student.

I pick up my pace when I'm nearing close to my house and hike up the backpack on my back, wanting nothing more than to crawl under the duvets of my comfy bed and relax my aching muscles.

All the work in the coffee shop earlier has worn me out and I feel so drained that I would conceal a yawn every now and then.

Walking down that deserted street, I suddenly got a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach like someone is watching me.

I instantly grew anxious.

Adjusting the strap of my bag over my shoulder I quicken my rapid pace.

I can feel someone's gaze burning holes on the back of my head as I feel a certain eyes on me making me shudder.

I look around but there was nothing beside of the slow moving van following closely behind that I just notice by now.

So many horrid thoughts raced in my head all at once and all the possibility that will happen to me right now.

Maybe heaven is punishing me for being naive about the danger of the night held.

I instinctively gulp in unease as I eye the black van.

It was keeping a good distance on the other side of the road, just a few meters away, driving in the same pace as if to keep up with me.

I tried thinking better and think that it's only another vehicle passing by but it only got worse when I suddenly feel the van accelerating forward.

And I ran realizing what situation I am in, I run so fast my feet could take me without looking back as Adrenaline blasted through my system.

It might be those criminals the customers and Sandria were talking about.

Oh shit.

The screeching of tires are still there just close behind as it continues to follow me which only doubled my fear.

I pick up my pace and pump my fist as I ran faster than I ever ran before.

I knew in a panic that I would not be able to escape from it for long as the black van was gaining on me.

But what shocked me is that it just drove past me and screeched away leaving me dumb.

I let out a shaky breath as I watch the black vehicle speed away dumbstruck.

I practically run-walk going home and quicken my pace, avoiding to run into some creepy strangers, I wanted nothing more than go home where I am safe.

I finally managed to open the door after dropping my keys for several times, checking from left to right if someone is out there watching me, or worse following me.

I bolted inside and locked the door once I got in.

I let out the breath I've been holding in for I don't know how long.

I never felt like this scared walking that night.

I should have brought my car with me.