Chapter Twenty-Four: A Tryst

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."
-Ingrid Bergman

***
A/N: Mature content. You have been warned.
***

⚜️
Dathan had not been expecting a kiss. Damn. He was hoping he'd get another one but never in his wildest dreams did he expect it would come from her.

Em had held unto his shoulders while her soft lips teased his own. He answered with gentleness. It has been his experience that a crying woman is sensitive. He did not want to scare her yet. His arms went down and settled on her waist, drawing her against him. Their bodies touched so close that when they moved it felt like they were one.

Dathan angled his head to one side and took control, Em whimpered but she kept her eyes close. He could feel her heart beating loudly, telling him she was excited and very, very hot. She found her way into his mouth, pushing her tongue inside. The boldness shocked him. She learned fast and she did real good. He let her taste him, as he did to her.

Whatever matter he was thinking was forgotten. Em had totally clouded his mind when it was his plan to do it to her. Her hands grew uneasy and had begun to travel down his chest. She felt the buttons and easily undid the first one, until her palm found his skin. Dathan thought he was feverish. Heat flared throughout his body. He deepened the kiss not letting her seduce him further, he wanted her to be seduced not the other way round.

He eased one hand in her side, just below the rib. Her breath came in short but he swallowed any protests. He kept his hand an inch away from her breasts while his thumb made teasing strokes. Em stopped touching him but she let his hands wander. It felt good and she found herself arching for more.

He suddenly pulled back, Em gasped for air. While her mind was still in the clouds he had pushed her against the door. If someone comes in they'll have time to block the door. But he'd be damned if he would let anyone interrupt them now.

Dathan moved his leg in between her legs so she'd part them a little. He then settled his mouth on her neck and suckled on the lucious skin. Em bowed her back wanting more, urging him to go further. She could feel his knees on her frontside. For some reason she wanted to rub herself against him. Despite the number of fabric separating them, Dathan could feel she was getting warm and excited. He carefully pushed his knees on the center of her legs. Em gasped, shocked at the attack. It wasn't painful but it touched a very soft spot. She stood unmoving while he worked his way carefully. Em found herself answering his movements, she raised her leg and wrapped it around his body so she rode his knees. Dathan growled on her throat. She loved that sound. Freeing her hand from his shirt, she braced herself on his shoulder and raised the other leg, crossing the other, like a monkey clutching it's parent. And she climbed him, oh she did. Finding the most comfortable position, they exchanged another hot searing kiss. Dathan's hands guided her waist until she found her own rhythm. She writhed against his fully clothed body, her lower half making the decisions. She felt the heat build and build until she felt she had to go. Dathan sensed the familiar quaking of hips and had moved faster, his breeches pounded her inner thigh, she was near, he could tell. Em made three more thrusts before burying her face on Dathan's neck, she bit back a scream of delight. Soon, he followed her release.

The world had stopped for her. Her body was sated, drenched and warm. Their was a thick wetness between her legs, she prayed it would not stain through her skirt. Dathan's breath was music to her ears, never had she thought a man's laborous breathing was too damned irristible. Perhaps it was because she knew the reason for that. She took his breath away.

While they paused to regain their sanity, Dathan had leaned his weight against the door. Em did not complain, her legs were still woobly and were still wrapped around his waist. She won't be standing anytime soon.

"God, Em... I've never felt this good all my life."

She chuckled, "Not even with other women?"

He found her eyes, "No." He was serious and she could tell he was being honest, "Not even with other women. You did all this to me."

"I...uh.." those blue eyes locked on her sternly and she found it distracting, so she lowered her gaze, "I, too, have never felt something like this Dathan. You have my gratitude."

"It was my pleasure, Em." He kissed her again, gently this time. She answered with a soft moan.

"As much as I would like to remain here with you, I'm afraid my mother would be looking for me soon." He whispered to her.

And then she was reminded of her duties, "Oh god. I have to meet her as well."

Dathan carefully put her down, her skirts swirled around him and for a spilt second he caught a glimpse of well shaped legs. Em did not notice for she was too occupied fixing herself. Her hair was in disarray, curls have escaped the pins and plastered against her temples. She brushed her sweaty forehead and looked up to him. Heavens. She was so beautiful!

"I need to change my dress, Dathan. I am far too drenched in sweat."

"That you do, love." He kissed her forehead. "There is a matter I would like to discuss with you Em. I hope you can spare me some time later?"

"I cannot promise Dathan, your mother will be needing my presence—" he cut her off with another kiss, when he pulled away she was looking dazed, "You have to keep your hands to yourself or we will never make it out here."

"Tempting," he said before stepping back, "very well, I shall let you go for now."

Em turned and opened the door, saw the hallway empty and sighed with relief. She gave Dathan one last glance and watched him blow a kiss to her. She mimed her hands to catch it and pasted it on her lips. He laughed and she was gone.

She was discovering more and more about him. Not just his manner and attitude but his physical capabilities as well. He may not have forced her to do what she just did, but he was the reason why she reacted that way. Everything had been wonderful with Dathan, he was truly a passionate lover. Thinking that he had done those things with other women stabbed her heart, though she cannot be jealous of them, she could not help it. He did not deny having lovers and he may be keeping one somewhere. She hoped she'd never see the day to meet any of those ladies.

Em ran directly to her room and disrobed. Coleen had given her dresses that used to have been the dowager's but was long out of fashion. They served her well and she looked far better than her work clothes. She chose a grey satin dress and quickly put in on. Her hair was hastily put up on a bun, the stray curls pinned closely.

She stared at her reflection. Her lips were redder than usual, must be because Dathan had just kissed her. And her cheeks were flushed a deep scarlet. A little bit of powder helped and she was decent again.

Finding the way down the kitchen, Em rang for tea. Lucille was expecting her in the drawing room. While Ana prepared the biscuits, she just sat there, her thoughts flew back to Dathan. He had been gentle and aggressive, sweet and eager, chaste and passionate in between kisses. His body proved to be as strong as she thought it was, he obviously did not have trouble lifting her up! It was a memory she would forever cherish. But whatever it was they have between them, Em could not bring herself to ask for more. He was Damian's brother and he did not belong to her.

The teapot rang and Ana pushed the cart to her. Em immidiately gathered her wits and tried to appear nonchalant. She was headed to the drawing room where her future mistress awaits.