chapter 6

Bella's POV
The next day

(Bella's swimwear for the party above)

"Do you think this is fine?" I asked Emily, who was already dressed up for the party. the midnight blue high waisted two piece hugged onto her body perfectly, so I was hoping that mine looked the same.

Recently, I received a call from Cleo, saying that Mary decided to give us all a day off since we worked hard and deserved to get a break as a reward. That was quite questionable because Mary loved punctual workers, she wouldn't give a damn if you spent all day working, but if you are a minute late, she'd yell for as long as her croaked voice lets her to. So I was surprised that she decided to give us a break out of the blue. But either way, I was quite thankful as well, because Emily and I had all day to get ready for the party, and Cleo actually said something nice to me after what felt like forever.

"Of course it does! You look amazing! This looks like it was made just for you!" She replied, literally warning my heart up.

"Thank you so much, em! you look gorgeous as well" I gushed, giving my best friend a quick hug.

"Seriously though, for something so cheap, these bikinis are incredible!" Emily said, checking the both of us out as if we were wearing something from Victoria's Secret.

"I know right! We hit a jackpot" I agreed, excitedly as I stared at myself in the full length mirror in nothing but admiration.

"What time is it?" Emily asked.

"It's 6:45 now, and the party starts at seven" I replied.

"What are we waiting for then? We should get going!"

"Yeah! Let's go" I responded. Emily and I took our kimonos, bags and phones before heading out of the apartment, hand in hand.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

After exactly twenty five minutes, the Uber driver pulled over in front of the luxurious duplex. It was quite bigger and more spacious than Marcus's house. I have to admit, Jesse had really good taste when it came to exterior design and decoration.

I'm impressed!

"I know I'm actually here in jesse lingard's house, but I still can't believe that it's actually happening, I can't believe we're gonna be hanging out with him!" Emily rambled excitedly, just as she's been doing for the last hour, while I just chuckled at her overexcitement.

"It's so cute how restless you are right now" I responded while chuckling in the process.

"I have to be! This is like a dream come true!" she gushed, at the same time we got to the front door.

"You're right!" I agreed with her. Who knew that two, low class bakers dealing with terrible financial crisis would be hanging out with the whole entire Manchester United squad. I never even thought in a million years that I would get such an opportunity. But I guess, god had other plans.

I pressed the doorbell and we patiently waited for someone to get the door. After about 10 seconds, the door was finally pulled open, revealing a middle aged woman standing there with a soft, welcoming smile on her face.