chapter 7

Next morning
Bella's POV

The next morning, i woke up as early as 8:00 so I could get ready to leave for the bakery on time. Even though I was completely knocked out and almost unable to move due to tiredness, I somehow managed to get myself up from my single bed to go freshen up.

The party last night could be described as the best thing that ever has happened in my life. I honestly can't even remember the last time I laughed, danced and had as much fun as I did yesterday in my entire life. It was like my pains and problems were kept aside for 4 good hours and almost felt like I was living my best life.
Jesse was such a gem, I tell you! After making sure Emily and I didn't feel left out or less than around his friends, he drove us back home after the party, even after I pleaded with him that we would be okay, he still insisted on bringing us home.

For once, just once in my life, I was genuinely happy and finally got a taste of what living a perfect life felt like!

"Hey bells!" I heard Emily's cheerful voice say as she came into my bedroom, fully dressed

"Hey em!" I smiled at her as I finished curling the last strand of my hair left undone.

"You look gorgeous!" She said as she pulled me in for a short hug

"Thanks, you look lovely as well!" I grinned, complimenting her dark blue T-shirt and high waisted denim shorts, making her smile widely in response.

"Are you ready to go?" She Asked, just as I threw my black bomber jacket on.

"yep!" I responded, popping the p at the end. Emily chuckled softly at my silliness before I picked up my purse, which was lying on the floor.

"Let's get going!" She said, right before we walked out of the room and house in general, with her leading while I followed her behind.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

After about 15 minutes, Emily and I arrived at the bakery. It was exactly 8:30, so we were thirty minutes early, I bet it would make Mary so happy to see Emily and I being the punctual workers.

"Good morning!" I greeted everyone with a huge grin on my face as I walked into the bakery along side Emily, but the first thing I saw was rather unexpected; a very angry looking Mary with arms crossed over her chest. She looked like she was about to snap any minute from then, and honestly, that could never be good.

"What did you do?" Emily whispered into my ears, making me furrow my eyebrows out of confusion.

"Me? I didn't do nothing!" I whispered back, defending myself "What did YOU do?" I Asked her this time around.

"Nothing!" She responded "why on earth is she looking at us like that?"

"I don't know! But I have a feeling it's not going to be good!" I whispered back, breathing steadily in the process.

For 5 minutes straight, Mary kept on staring at Emily and I with nothing but pure anger and frustration in her bright, baby blue eyes! Emily didn't seem to be as tempted, but me, I was internally shaking, Mary never misses a chance to find someone's fault in something, she once fired a cleaner because he used orange scented air freshener instead of using the strawberry scented one, and I still couldn't figure out why exactly she was that upset, I mean, they were all goddamn air fresheners, get over it!