chapter 9

*****

My world came to a stop for a few seconds after those words left Emily's mouth, I just couldn't believe it, it sounded like some kinda joke which was totally not funny.

"Emily! You do realize we're in June right? April fools pranks are so last two months" I was chucking when I said that, because the situation sounded surreal. How could a grown ass man like that just go missing?

"Do I look like I'm joking?" She Asked with a serious face. And no, she really didn't look like she was stalling.

"No! But it just sounds bizarre! He was here just a few hours ago, so how could he be missing now?" I was really starting to panic.

"I don't know, but it's all over the internet, everyone's talking about it!" She stated.

"But I don't get it, I thought people are only confirmed missing after at least 24 hours? Maybe he could've gone somewhere"

"No! Rashford confirmed that Jesse is missing. he was in an interview earlier today and he said that Jesse never went to training, and he wasn't at his house too, and all of his phones were switched off. One of his cars is also missing" my heartbeat was increasing by every passing minute.

"Oh my god!" Was all I could say as I buried my face in my hands "how could this have happened? He was just here a few hours ago"

Emily just sighed.

"I hope he's okay" I ran a shaky hand through my hair for the third time in just a minute.

"me too" Emily said, which sounded like a whisper due to how low her voice was.

"You know, I-"

I was interrupted by my phone making a sound, meaning that I received a new text message. I quickly grabbed it from the bedside drawer and unlocked it before tapping on iMessage. Only to see a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: help. Freak in my house.

Okay, that text sent like a thousand confusing thoughts up my head. Who the hell is this person? And why would they text me that? It's funny and confusing at the same time, I-

Wait!

Hold on!

Pause!

Could it be Jesse?

"Emily, look!" I shrieked as I grabbed Emily's hand and made her read the text message. When she looked back up at me, she was just as shook as I expected her to be. Her mouth was wide open and her eyes looked like they were about to fallout.

"I think it's Jesse!" She said.

"Yeah! I'm gonna call Marcus and let him know"

I dialed Marcus's phone number, but it went straight to voicemail. I tried a few more times but nothing went through, so I decided to text him instead. But that didn't go through as well. I messaged him on Instagram and then later realized that he will never ever see it.

"His phone is off the hook!" I Told Emily.

"What're we supposed to do then?" She Asked.