chapter 10

Bella

I've never been the kind to be upset about being woken up by the bright sun shining right above my head or an alarm clock going off early in the morning, but for some reason, I was that day. I wasn't even upset to be honest, It's too little of a word. I was pissed off. I felt like grabbing that stupid phone and smashing it on the floor, but I have only £200 in my bank account so.....I'll just turn it off.

I adamantly sat up right on the bed and rested my head on the bed head. My eyes were literally closing as I struggled to keep myself up. If things were up to me, I'd totally stay in that bed for the whole freaking day, but unfortunately, work. I have to go to work in the next 2 hours and put up with all those assholes for 8 hours. If I wasn't for Emily, I don't think I can handle that Bakery.

"Why don't you just go back to sleep?" I heard a voice say and chucked afterwards, making me open my eyes immediately.

The first things I set eyes on was a smiling Jesse. He was dressed in an all red adidas tracksuit and white adidas sneakers. His hair was pretty wet and he looked as fresh as a chilled mango juice.

"Good morning" I greeted him with a smile.

"Morning!" He smiled back "How was your night?" He asked.

"Good. Yours?"

"Same"

Gosh! He's such a happy soul.

"Are you sure you don't want to go back to sleep?" He asked, chuckling again.

"No. Why?"

"Because you're sleeping as you're talking to me right now"

Oh god!

"No I'm not"

Just as I finished saying those words, a loud yawn escaped my mouth, which made him laugh again. He laughs at everything it seems.

"No need to argue with me anymore. Go back to sleep. Come on" he said as he walked towards me and pushed me back into the bed before covering my head with the blanket. It felt so good to be in that position again but....I can't because I'll be late for work and then I'll have to endure getting yelled at by that woman who sounds like Morgan freeman.

"I can't, Jesse. I'll be late for work" I Said after I managed to pop my head out of the blanket.

"Why don't you just take the day off?" He asked.

"I didn't ask"

"Then say you're sick or something. Don't you know how to lie?"

"I can't. She'll deduct everyday of work I miss from my salary and delay the payment"

He suddenly went off.

"What? And you still want to work there?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I have to. It's like there are no job vacancies in Manchester now, and I got this one at a time I needed the most. It's my only option" I shrugged "but I'll leave as soon as I get a better opportunity" I added.