-Chapter 10-

I'm at my place the team are out on a mission right now. Well, half the team is on a mission Nat and Clint are off doing their spy thing. I'm just sitting down for dinner when the fire alarm rings. I run into the hall.

"The building is on fire" a man screams.

I know there are families in this building, there is already thick black smoke in the air.

I teleport down a floor into the apartment below I can hear crying of a child.

"Where are you"? I call out.

I follow the sound of the cries until I find a 5 year old boy huddled up in the kitchen.

"What's your name"? I ask before coughing from the smoke.

"Ryan" He whimpers.

I nod.

"Ryan. I'm going to get you out of here ok" I say to him.

He nods, holding his arms up in the air the universal way of saying carry me. I scoop him up in my arms and teleport outside.

I hand him to a waiting firefighter and teleport back in. The ceiling is starting to crumble, making it hard to move as fast as I want. I stop when I hear a muffled scream, I follow the sound to an 11 year old girl stuck behind a fallen support beam. Her head is bleeding and she's shaking with fear.

"Who are you"? She asks.

"Solar Flare. I'm a friend of the Avengers" I say teleporting in next to her.

"Hold onto me" I rasp, my throat raw from breathing through the smoke.

Her arms wrap around my shoulders. I teleport to the other side of the debris. The floor spits up fire causing the young girl to panic she starts to fall towards the fire I spin and switch our places I fall flat on my back in the fire.

I scream, the girl drags me away from the flames.

I bite my lip and haul my trembling body up. I have to get her out, my vision swimming from the white hot pain in my back I stumble down the hall which is crumbling around us.

"Hold my hand" I tell her, my voice breaking.

"Your back" She cries.

I nod and teleport past the blocked hallway.

We hit the ground outside the building hard. The fire chief runs over to where we landed, he hands the girl to the paramedics.

"Thank you"? He asks for my name.

"Solar Flare" I nod losing my hold on consciousness.

"You got everyone out from the tenth floor up. We couldn't get there, we are very thankful" He says putting his hand on mine.

I nod before finally passing out from the pain.

Tony point of view

"Well that was a strange one" I say glancing back at the team. Most of them anyway the spy kids are of being spies somewhere.

"I'll say that's the first time we've fought a slime monster" Steve says trying to wipe slime off his uniform.

"Sir I have been attempting to make contact with you" Jarvis snaps.

"What is it Jarvis" Steve asks appearing behind me.

"Major building fire, structure compromised" Jarvis says sounding almost scared.

"Location"? I ask.

Silence.

"What's the location Jarvis"? I ask again.