-Chapter 28-

The rest of them climb to their knees shocked into horrified silence. Eyes flicking from my body to me in Amara's body.

Nat is the first one to come close to me, she is like my sister. She stares at me for a long time before pulling me into a bone crushing hug I hug her back.

"Are you ok" She asks her voice breathy and high pitched.

I nod shakily unable to speak properly.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" She says hugging me again.

"You didn't know" I say into her shoulder.

Our hug turns into a group hug, I grab Clint's hand and hold it really tight. My anchor.

"I- she can fix it. I can get her out of my body" I say reaching a hand towards my own arm.

I whisper the words that came to me out of nowhere. Then the whole world fades away.

Nat point of view

None of us can stand what we did, Clint carried Mia back to the jet now back in her broken body. I can see just how much he is worrying even if the others can't.

"Jarvis call Bruce" Steve says putting his shield down, it hits the floor with a hollow clanking noise.

"Right away Captain Rogers" Jarvis replies quietly.

"We should have noticed" Thor says his usually energy filled tone is now quiet and subdued.

"She tricked us. We had no reason to think something was wrong" I say not really believing my own words.

"We who claim to be her friends, to know her best. This we let slip past us"? Thor ask letting his hammer slip through his fingers.

No one has an argument against that. He's right of course, thinking back there were signs that something was off about Mia. Like not spending hours in the lab working on the mark 41 or the complete lack of using her powers our Mia is always using her powers for something.

"We messed up" Clint says leaning on the edge of the bed in the jet standing guard over Mia.

There is a silent agreement between us.

"How do we fix it"? Steve asks standing opposite to Clint.

"This isn't one we fix. We hope she will forgive us for what we did" I sigh staring at my hands.

Once we got to the tower Steve went to the gym to work out his anger and frustration not that I blame him. Thor went to Asgard with Amara's body leaving Clint and I to sit watch with Mia.

"Someone has to say something" Clint sighs dejectedly.

"Like what? Oh we just fought Amara thinking Mia was trapped inside her own body but no just a twisted witch" I say coldly.

"She tricked us"! He snaps.

"We didn't stop until- we didn't stop" I say looking at Mia.

He only sighs in response leaning on his elbows on the edge Mia's bed.

A couple hours later

Clint point of view

Nat left to shower or do something in the gym I wasn't really paying attention. I was too busy watching the rise and fall of Mia's breathes, reminding myself that she's ok.

A light knock on the door causes me to jump.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you" Bruce says.

"Don't worry about it man I haven't been sleeping all that well lately I've been jumpy anyway" I say brushing off his concerns.