-Chapter 67-

Cap and I just finished signing the weapons over to Shield or new Shield since last time they had a pest problem.

"Seriously Mia why the armour? You never needed it before" Steve asks as we leave the new Shield headquarters in New York.

"Like I said on the jet Rogers I just wanted to switch it up and I liked it so what's the big deal" I ask crossing my arms.

He flinches at me calling him by his last name instead of 'Cap' or 'Stevie' which I stole from Bucky.

"Ok that's it" He says standing in front of me.

"You have been pissed off for days and short with everyone and I want to know why" He demands putting his hands on his hips.

"No you don't" I snap launching into the air leaving him standing there at the weapons depot.

"Captain Rogers is still at the depot" Friday points out.

"Yes Friday he is" I agree mapping a path back to the compound.

"Shouldn't you get him"? She asks.

"Steve is a big boy he can get home on his own plus he pissed me off" I tell her closing in on the compound.

"I recommend not leaving teammates places especially the best friend of reform serial Hydra killer" Friday cautions.

"Are you saying I can't handle Bucky" I ask.

"Solar Flare could definitely handle Sergeant Barnes but in your new current state, no you could not" Friday says sadly.

"Thank you Friday. Have the lab ready for me when I get there the left knee joint was sticking" I say beginning to descend into the compound air space.

"Identify yourself"

The stern voice of Sam filters into my helmet I sigh right he was out when we left for the mission.

"Wilson, it's Mia don't shoot" I say tersely.

There's a scuffling on the channel then Thor's voice.

"My apologies Mia I neglected to inform Sam that you were using your armour" He says quickly.

"No worries" I say flying around to the lab entrance.

"Good, we'll see you once you get in" He says closing the com channel.

I hop out of my armour as soon as I'm in the lab giving Friday a list of things to do with the Iron Flare suit. Then I carefully go up the stairs my back bruises protesting wildly but that pain is getting better slowly, once I reach the living room I smile tightly Tony is sitting on the couch with Bucky though I think he looks worse than before he seems content next to the super soldier Ash on the other side.

"Where's Steve"? Wanda asks walking in Peter right behind her.

"Oh he wanted to stay check out the depot said he'd be back later" I tell her going over kissing Ash on the side of her head then curling up in my rocking chair.

"Steve's all about the security" Tony croaks tapping Bucky's metal arm.

That utterance seems to pacify Bucky for now anyway but I know there's no getting out of it when Steve does get back.

We settled into comfortable chatting and but Tony's sharp intake of breath causes all of us to move in his direction the gasp quickly turns to a coughing fit.

Bruce and Bucky help him sit all the way up, after some gentle coaching from both of them Tony gets the phlegm out and can breathe a little better. Only another ten minutes go by before we are startled again but this time it's not pneumonia induced coughing it's a angry super soldier who just stomped into the room.