-Chapter 17-

Bruce and a couple of Shield nurses wheel Tony to the medical floor in the tower. The rest of us are left standing there suddenly feeling out of place amongst all the medical staff and equipment.

"Shall I alert Ms Potts that Mr Stark is home safe"? Jarvis asks softly but still manages to startle us.

"Yes tell her that" I agree.

I look at myself then the rest of the team, our uniforms covered in dust and dirt. It's probably a safe bet that we all could use a hot shower then a good meal.

"Lets get cleaned up. Then meet in the kitchen I'm making dinner" I order the tired heroes.

They all simply nod walking in the direction of their rooms, I do the same.
Minutes later I have 5 hungry heroes at the table not to mention myself and the headache radiating behind my eyes. I lift the last grilled cheese out of the pan placing it on the platter that goes in the middle of the dining room table. They pounce on it like wild animals but after the few days we've had I won't judge I sit quietly slowly eating my sandwich trying to work the images out of my head of my brother beat up and broken.

"Don't zone out on us" Steve says lightly touching my shoulder.

I blink at the man, wondering when I stopped paying attention to the conversations.

"Sorry. What'd I miss"? I ask tracing the rim of my glass using a my light to make the glass glow.

"We were just saying how Phantom is a priority" Nat says.

"He is. Anyone who can take Tony hostage that easily needs to be stopped" I say wracking my brain trying to figure out who Phantom could be.

"I think we all agree on that one" Clint agrees.

"Aye" Thor says proudly.

"Jarvis"? I ask my head snapping up when I had a light bulb moment.

"Put the tower on lockdown anyone who wants access goes through you or myself" I tell him.

"Of course Ms Stark" He replies smoothly.

I get up and make a plate of food for Bruce since he's been down with Tony and the Shield medical staff. Without a word I'm flanked by the whole team in a slient show of support. The plate slips from my hands when the door opens, Tony is standing in front of Bruce wearing one of the suits gauntlets aimed at Bruce.

"Jarvis power down the mark 42" I say stepping over the broken glass.

"I don't think I can Ms Stark I'm sorry" He whispers.

I close my eyes, teleporting in between Tony and Bruce.

"Put it down" I say holding a hand out to halt the team from coming any closer to us.

"They aren't looking" He says brokenly.

I shake my head once.

"Take the gauntlet off before you hurt Bruce" I say lightly touching the armoured hand.

He blinks at that, like the name hit a chord in his panic clouded head. His arm lowers by a fraction but the repulser is still primed.

"Tony, it's Mia. Whatever they told you was a lie, a complete lie" I tell him carefully reaching for the side of his face.

"No one is looking for me" He repeats shaking his head.

I feel my heart twist at the emptiness in his eyes and the utter defeat in his voice.

"We did. We found you" I whisper holding his face in my hands.

"No one is looking" He cries, his whole body trembling with emotion like in the warehouse.