-Chapter 45-

I'm leaning on the bar with Tony and Rhodes Thor is standing across from Rhodes, and Agent Hill.

"So I take the tank and I fly it up to the Generals palace, I drop it at his feet. I'm like boom you looking for this" Rhodes explains waving his hands around for effect.

Thor stares at Rhodes as if waiting to hear more of the tale.

"Boom! Are you looking for this? Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills"? Rhodes shakes his head.

"That's it? That's the whole story"? Tony asks sipping his drink.

"Yeah? That's the story. War machine's story" Rhodes nods.

"Oh yes well its very good then" Thor nods.

"It's impressive" Thor says.

Rhodes sighs.

"Quality save"

I hold back a giggle at the look on Rhodes face, I hope he knows that these are the Avengers.

Maria started asking about Jane and Pepper, Pepper got called to a last minute meeting in Phoenix and I have no idea where Jane is.

"Mia"? Ash calls from the dance area where she's chatting with Sam Wilson Steve's new friend.

I leave Tony and Thor to their girlfriend achievement contest and go to Ash.

"Have you met Sam"? She asks.

"Briefly" I say smiling at Sam.

"It's nice to meet properly Amelia" He says offering his hand.

"It's just Mia" I nod shaking his hand.

"Mia it is then" He nods.

"Ash here was telling me all about Sokovia" He explains.

"Really" I ask giving Ash a questioning look.

"Mia it's ok he works with Steve Jarvis told me about it" She says plainly before running off.

I watch her go, she's so innocent in all of this but also has more knowledge than all the other kids her age about how bad the world is.

"Sister"? Sam wonders.

"No I'm her guardian, the team is too. She is a very smart young lady" I say watching her laugh with Nat by the coffee table.

"Steve talks about her all the time that's how I knew about her" He adds.

I smile at that Steve really does care about her even wanted to go to her school to talk to someone about the teasing in her class, I talked him out of it.

"Speaking of Steve I'm going to go see if I can find him it was nice to finally meet you" He grins before melting into the people that are milling around.

I stand back and take in the room, the light atmosphere, how happy everyone is. For the first time since New York Tony actually has some closure with Loki and the Chitatari.

A couple hours go by I mingle with people and laugh then party dwindles leaving the team on the couch and sitting on the floor around the coffee table.

"It's a trick" Clint says twirling his drumstick around.

"I assure you it's much more than that" Thor says grabbing another drink.

"Whoever should he be worthy shall haveth the power. Whatever man it's a trick" Clint says imitating Odin's incantation for Thor's hammer.

"Well please be my guest" Thor says lightly gesturing to the hammer perched on the edge of the table.