-Chapter 32-

The insistent sound of my alarm clock drags me out of sleep begrudgingly I roll over and smack it until it stops. With a sigh I get out of bed and get ready for the day.

"Jarvis talk to me. Did Tony get in sometime last night"? I ask putting my sweater on.

"Yes Ms Stark at approximately 3:30 in the morning. He is currently in the common room with several of the Avengers" Jarvis reports evenly.

Ok that sounds normal or as normal as it can get for us.

"Ashley? Is she up yet"? I ask as I leave my room heading to the living room.

"Yes Ms Blake is currently with Agent Romanoff and Ms Potts, doing in Agent Romanoff's words girl stuff" He says his tone uncertain about the topic of girl stuff.

His uncertainty makes me smile he is after all although a smart computer but a computer none the less. Meaning the idea of girl stuff would confuse him.

"Ok let me know if Hammer makes a move. I want us to be ready in case he tries anything stupid" I say glancing up at the ceiling adding emphasis to my words.

The guys are all around the dining room table the air in the room is tense. My guess is that they have been discussing Tony's fight with Manderin.

"Its not like I wanted it to happen the way it did" Tony defends.

"But you gave him your home address Tony! That is practically inviting him to try something" Steve counters pensively crossing his arms.

"Ok that may not have been my smartest idea but I stopped Aldridge" Tony replies tersely.

"You could've gotten yourself killed" Clint snaps.

Tony scoffs at that, shaking his head.

"Pepper too" Bruce puts in.

"Woah don't go there! What happened after the Malibu attack was not my fault" Tony says sternly sending Bruce a glare.

"Had you kept your mouth shut it might not have gotten as bad as it did" Thor says.

"I didn't need to tell any of you about this. I could've kept it a secret" Tony says shrugging his shoulders.

"All the good that would do, Stark we are a team. We deal with things together" Steve says his voice hard matching his tense posture.

"Right" Tony huffs.

I walk in and let my presence silence their arguing. Tony pushes away from the table, I hug him knowing he's probably blaming himself for what happened.

"Welcome home" I say into his shoulder.

He nods his head against my temple.

"Next time you feel the need to pick a fight with someone with more firepower than you. Don't" I say poking him in the chest.

His face softens a small smile pulls up the corners of his mouth.

"Yes ma'am" he nods.

"It would be wise to listen sir" Jarvis pipes up.

Tony chuckles softly looking up at the ceiling.

"I've been hearing that my whole life J message received" Tony says.

He blinks suddenly like he remembered something.

"Oh no Ash wanted to see the Malibu house" He gasps.

I shake my head.

"Don't worry Tony she's happy to be here" I say waving off his concerns.

He sighs and pours more coffee, before sitting back down at the table with the others.