-Chapter 11-

-next morning-

I open my eyes, I'm the only one awake in the room. The others are sleeping still I try to speak but only a squeak comes out.

I settle for using my powers, using my telekinesis I grab the sleeve of Steve's  flannel shirt and pull it until he wakes up. He's instantly alert scanning the room for danger.

"Mia? You ok"? He asks stepping up to the side of the bed.

I nod, I summon a small ball of light in my hand and toss it at the water pitcher it puffs around it without upsetting it.

"Of course" Steve says stepping over legs where he has to.

He hands me the glass, I sip it slowly suddenly aware of how sore my throat really is.

"That was a brave thing you did" He says warmly.

I nod unconsciously pulling on the itchy hospital shirt again.

"I will mention that to your nurse when she comes in to check on you" Steve says stretching his arms.

I mouth a thank you to him, he smiles.

Not ten minutes later a cheery nurse appears at the door.

"Good morning Ms Stevens" She greets walking in.

I look at Steve silently asking for some verbal assistance.

"Right. She's lost her voice" Steve says in his Captain America voice.

"That tends to happen with smoke inhalation. From what I hear you copped a fair dose in that fire"

Her name tag says Maggie. Nurse Maggie seems nice.

I nod.

"Is there any way we could get a different shirt for her"? Steve inquires politely.

"Itchy"? She asks me.

I nod my head several times.

"Of course we can do that for you" Maggie smiles.

She checks my back, Steve turns his back allowing me to have some privacy. Once that's done she changes the iv bags then with a promise of new shirt she's out the door.

Nat is the next one to wake up, using my powers I gently tug her over to my bed. Clint is up a couple minutes later.

"What is it Mia" Nat asks.

I touch my head trying to tell her I want her to put my hair up for me but judging by the look on her face my message isn't getting across.

"She wants you to fix her hair" Bruce says.

When did he get up?

"Oh" Nat says make a duh motion with her hands.

She puts my hair up in a messy bun on the top of my head.

Maggie walks back in with what looks like a much softer shirt.

"From the hospital gift shop" She grins.

I use my powers to pull Steve's flannel shirt sleeve grinning.

"I like her" I mouth.

He chuckles.

"She likes you" Steve says.

We all turn when we hear a knock on the door.

Its the girl from the fire.

Steve point of view

I get a little concerned when the color drains from Mia's face. The telekentic grip on my shirt tightens to an almost painful grip, Clint must have noticed since he's on his feet standing in front of Mia's bed.