-Chapter 31-

I smile at Ash, who is nestled in between Steve and Nat. They are talking about all the places Nat has visited since joining Shield.

"Ms Stark? Urgent call from sir incoming" Jarvis says.

"Put it through" I say pausing in the kitchen.

"What happened? Is everyone ok? What kind of damage did Hammer do"? Tony asks a flurry of questions before I can even say hello.

"Thor has a pretty serious arm injury but other than that we are fine" Steve says.

I hear Tony sigh in obvious relief, who knows what he might have saw on the news. What Hammer did was serious, they will be cleaning up Midtown for weeks.

"Thank god. I'm flying back to New York, I've relaxed now its time to get back to work" He says that proud signature Stark confidence.

"Good to hear it looks like we are going to need Iron man to take Hammer down this time" Clint says glancing up from his video game.

"I will have Jarvis send you scans of the robots. Maybe you can find a weakness, a way to take them down" I say pouring a cup of hot chocolate.

"Yeah, good. How's point break"? Tony asks.

"He will be wearing a two piece sling for a while but it will heal" Bruce reports.

"I'm sure he's loving that" Tony says.

"Very much" I say handing the hot chocolate to Ash.

We hear Happy in the background squawking about something.

"Look I've got to go but I will call when we land" He says begrudgingly.

"Don't worry Stark we understand" Steve says nodding.

"Thanks Capsicle" Tony replies ending the call.

He sounds tired, I guess his nightmares must be bothering him more than usual.

"So the kids pick on you at school" Nat asks bluntly but not without a gentle voice.

"Yes they do, I mean they teased me before the fire. But it's worse now" Ash says wringing her hands.

I jump when the mug I'm holding melts partially then falls to the floor with smashing sound.

"Mia"? Clint asks standing up.

"I'm sorry, still a little amped up from training earlier" I say quickly cleaning up the shattered ceramic off the kitchen floor.

I can tell he's not buying it neither is Steve but hearing about what the kids do to Ash makes my blood boil. I go back over and kick Steve out of his spot next to Ash.

"Ms Blake? May I suggest changing places of education"? Jarvis asks politely.

Ash smiles at that.

"I would love too Jarvis but I don't think my parents would go for it" She sighs.

"Maybe Tony and I could help with that. I'm sure Tony wouldn't mind" I offer playing with a loose thread on my sweater.

"Seriously"? Ashley asks.

"I would have to talk to your parents about it but yes Tony and I could get you into a better school" I say nudging her elbow with mine.

She hugs me I laugh and hug her back.

"It must be easier for you. On your back" She whispers.

"It isn't easy" I whisper back.

"Here's our favorite Asgardian" Bruce announces with a flourish.