-Chapter 19-

I get up early and start the waffles, checking the news for anything crazy I buzz around the kitchen humming a song I heard on radio. I stop when I hear my phone ringing I snatch off the counter.

"Hello"? I ask while getting plates out along with cups.

Its just static maybe I need a new phone? I hang up and return to the waffles.

"Jarvis? Give Clint a gentle wake up call would you I don't want these culinary masterpieces to burn" I ask him.

"Of course Ms Stark" He replies smoothly.

A couple minutes later a decidedly scruffy looking Clint shuffles into the kitchen.

"How are the ribs"? I ask putting two waffles on his plate.

"Sore" He says easing down into a chair at the table.

Gently I hold his face in my hands turning it so he's looking at me so I can look at the cut.

"I thought Steve was coming home too"? He asks when I let his head go.

"Well he was but he got called away to a training mission. Should be back next week" I tell him setting up my plate.

"He's good at that. Training new agents" Clint says digging into the waffles.

"He is, I think it reminds him of the army and his life before the ice" I add pouring two cups of coffee.

He nods his mouth stuffed with waffles a goofy grin on his face.

"Ms Stark? You have 3 Stark Industries meetings scheduled for today" Jarvis interjects.

I nod taking a long drink of my coffee.

"Thanks Jarvis I will get there on time for all 3 meetings" I tell him.

"Meetings"? Clint asks.

"Yes Tony is taking a break from the company while he's recovering and Pepper went with him. So I am the temporary CEO of the company" I shrug going back to my breakfast.

"Do you need security"? He asks after cleaning his plate.

"Can your ribs handle that" I ask him clearing the dishes.

He scoffs.

"Mia, you need security. Happy isn't here I can handle this"  He insists proving it by standing with so much as a wince.

"Alright. I'm going to go get ready" I say walking to the hall.

I change into my business clothes adding a warm jacket at the end since it's winter now.

By the time I get back to the living room Clint is standing there in dark pants, white button down shirt topped with a navy blue jacket and his signature dark sunglasses.

"Oh. While we're out I have to get a new phone mine is doing weird things" I say as we get on the elevator.

"Sure" He says.

He insisted on driving even though his ribs are sitting hurting him when he has to get in and out of a car or sit down in a chair. But no such luck his defence was that billionaire tech company owners don't drive themselves around to which my reply was Tony is the billionaire not me, Clint shrugged that one off.

"You know I could have made you stay in the tower and let Jarvis fuss over you with Dum-E" I point out while warming my hands on the heat vent.

"You wouldn't"? He asks feigning shock.

"I think we both know I would. Fractured ribs are no joke neither are broken ones" I counter glancing out the window at the passing city scape.

"You got a point. But I'm fine, ask Nat I've had worse"