-Chapter 46-

I'm surprised Ash is still sound asleep in her bed, as gently as I can I lay down beside her inside the bubble of energy around her.

"I will keep you safe" I whisper lightly brushing the hair out of her face.

-next morning-

My phone rings I startle awake and roll off Ash's bed while trying to answer it.

"Hello"? I ask quietly.

"Mia? Its agent Hill Ultron killed Strucker" She says plainly.

"What"? I whisper yell.

"Strucker is dead" She repeats.

"Ultron" I mutter, hating the robot more and more each time I hear his name.

"What is the official story" I ask leaving the room.

"Revenge hit squad, but people are suspicious" Maria says.

"Ok ok thanks for calling I will tell the team" I tell her already making my way to the elevator.

"You guys be careful"

"We will" I say ending the call.

I open my mouth to ask Jarvis to gather the team only to shut it seconds Jarvis gone. I settle for teleporting them all to the common room floor.

"What"? Tony asks tools still in hand.

"Ultron killed Strucker. Maria just called" I say holding my phone up.

"What? He was NAFTA custody, how did Ultron get in there"? Steve demands crossing his arms.

"I don't know but Maria is sending through the file now" Nat says holding her tablet.

We all huddle around it as she opens the file, it isn't pretty. Strucker was shot in between the eyes but what makes it even more unsettling is that Ultron or someone doing the dirty work wrote peace on the wall in blood.

"That's a bold statement" Bruce mumbles looking away from the image.

"What does he gain from killing Strucker? I mean it's not like he posed a threat to Ultron" I say mirroring Steve's pose arms crossed and furrowed brows.

"Strucker must have had something Ultron needed, known something" Clint says examining the pictures.

"Either he got what he went there for or he's moved on to a new target. Both are equally unnerving" Tony says plainly.

I sit on the couch heavily this would be another time I would ask for Jarvis to try and track Ultron's movements or try and see what he wanted from Strucker.

"I keep almost asking for Jarvis" I say bowing my head.

Clint sits down next to me wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"We do too, then we remember" Steve says pinching the bridge of his nose.

"This sucks" Thor declares.

"Well said" Bruce adds.

I turn when I hear small footsteps on the floor.

"What's going on? None of you are ever up at the same time"? Ash asks rubbing her eyes.

"I can't" I whisper to Clint, Ash loves Jarvis.

I get up and go to the kitchen leaning on the edge of the sink, I can practically hear my heart beating against my ribs.

"Time for school? Right let's go princess" Tony says nodding leading Ash back to her room.

Tony point of view