-Chapter 12-

It's been a month since the fire, my voice came back after a week.
I know my whole back is scarred, but I knew that when I hit the floor in the fire.

Today was the last day with the Sheild nurse, in fact she left this morning much to the team's disappointment I think they are still worried about me. But I'm better now I can move like before the fire, shower on my own I don't need a nurse anymore.
I get dressed, blue jeans and a loose t-shirt as a final touch I put my slippers on since I'm not going out anywhere today.

"Morning sunshine" Tony says from the kitchen.

"Hey there" I smile getting a cup of coffee.

"Where's Nina"? He asks looking around from the hall I came from.

"She left. Early this morning remember"? I ask sipping the hot coffee.

"What"? Steve asks shocked.

"Nina is gone. Left this morning" Tony says crossing his arms.

"Why"? Steve asks, eye brows knitted together.

"Because I don't need her anymore. I can move like I could before the fire, shower on my own. I don't need help dressing myself so she left" I explain shrugging my shoulders.

They take all that in, Steve seems to understand better than my brother.

"Why didn't Bruce know she was leaving" Tony demands.

"Because I'm a grown woman and I decided that her services were no longer required" I tell him firmly.

He huffs out a breath before nodding his head.

"Good talk" I nod taking my coffee to the couch.

I put on the morning news, slowly the other trickle in for breakfast.

"Well I hope all of you will be attending the party I'm throwing at my Malibu place" Tony announces.

"Why the party"? Clint asks.

"The Avengers, we've been a team for two years. We need to celebrate this accomplishment as well as Mia is finally better so it's a great time for a party" He says clapping his hands.

"Has it really been two years"? Nat asks.

"Yes it has" Tony nods.

"Good idea" Bruce says, surprising all of us that he would agree to a party.

One of my brothers parties.

"So everyone is on board"? He asks excitedly.

"Yes we are" Steve says lifting his coffee cup in a cheers motion.

"Well I guess that means I'm going shopping" I say looking around for my shoes.

I take a car from the garage and drive to the mall. They have this cute dress store, I browse for a bit before finding a floor length burgundy skirt it's flowy and well perfect.  I also find a gold top with cap sleeves it's long but I can tuck it in the waist band of the skirt.
I buy them both before moving on to  a shoe store. I buy a pair of cream colored wedges, there Malibu party outfit complete.

Once back at the tower I carefully fold the skirt and the top and pack them in the bag I'll bring when we leave for Malibu.

"Ms Stark"? Jarvis asks.

"What's up Jarvis"? I ask trading my shoes for slippers.

"A call came in for you while you were out. Would you like to hear the voice mail"? He asks.

"Sure J" I say sitting on my bed.

A video message hologram pops up it's two people I've never met.

"My name is Evelyn Blake this is my husband Adam. You saved our daughter from that fire, we would love the chance to thank you in person. Our address 5673 Anderson street" Evelyn says.

"We hope to see you soon" the husband adds.

"End of message" Jarvis says softly.

My heart starts hammering in my chest, why do they want to see me? I mean Ashley has big scar on her face from when we fell in that stupid hallway. I start pacing, feeling lightheaded from how fast my heart is beating, the main question my head is asking is why? I barely got us out of there, I got injured in the process and so did Ashley.

"Jarvis? Anyone else know about this"? I ask him.

"No one besides myself. Is that how you wish to keep it Ms Stark"? He asks politely.

"Yes" I nod.

"Will you be paying them a visit"? He asks.

"I don't know Jarvis, maybe after Tony's party" I say waving my hand at the ceiling.

"Very good Ms Stark"

After that he falls silent, I head down to an empty training room. I set up some dummies I pull the energy to my hands then one by one I take them apart.
I do that three more times leaving me breathless and sweaty.

"Wouldn't want to be those dummies"

I spin around it's Clint, leaning casually on the door frame.

"No you would not" I say to him.

He nods moving all the way into the room.

"You want to tell me what's got you down here pulverizing these defenceless dummies"? He asks gesturing to the pile of disembodied dummy parts by the wall.

I sigh, he's not wrong I really went at the training dummies.

"Just blowing off some steam" I offer shrugging my shoulders.

"I've seen you blow off steam. This is not that" He says crossing his arms comfortably over his chest.

I curse his percrptiveness and ability to read me like an open book.

"I don't want to talk about it" I say resisting the urge to teleport away from this conversation.

"Are you sure? I won't tell anyone" He presses.

I sigh, he's a spy of course he knows how to keep a secret.

"I got a call from the Blake family" I say tossing another energy ball at the dummies.

"Oh" He says slowly.

"Yeah I know. They want to meet me, in person" I sigh putting my hair up in a bun.

"Really" He asks.

I nod.

"I'm not sure what to do, we barely got out of that building" I sigh as we walk into the hallway.

"But you did get out. You got everyone out" He insists.

"I know that. It's- I wouldn't know what to say to them" I say looking at my hands.

Clint sighs, letting his arms drop to his sides.

"You say your welcome" Clint says after a long time.

We walk in silence after that, I go to my room have a quick shower. The party is not tomorrow but Saturday so we are leaving for Malibu tonight.

"Mia! Hurry up Tony already has the the Quinjet running" Steve yells up the stairs.

"I'll be right there. Don't get your spangly pants in a twist" I call back to him.

I grab my bag and teleport to the Quinjet in fact I beat Steve there.

"Who is late now"? I ask the Captain.

"Me" He says raising his hand.

"That's right" I laugh sitting down.

"Everyone good to go"? Tony asks from the front of the jet.

A chorus of yes fills the jet, take off in the direction of the Stark Malibu house.

...