..Be in your Life..

———————
Natsu's eyes widen as he keeps looking down at the cold white snow...he was on his knees and was freezing...but he wouldn't care if it comes to Lucy...

He doesn't know why he feels so weak around her...but it keeps him worried and calm...he feels calm and free to talk around her with a smile on his face...but with random people he would always be serious...

"Lucy...."

Lucy looks to Natsu who was on his knees in front of her. "Yes..."

"I can't understand...you...,I-I...want to see you smile...BUT WHEN YOU DAMN SMILE IT IS FAKE! I WANT TO SEE THE REAL SMILE! THE REAL YOU! I WANT TO SEE THE LUCY WHO BEFORE HER ILLNESS WOULD SMILE! SMILE WHEN HER MOM WAS AROUND HER! SMILE WHEN THE PEOPLE SHE LOVED WERE AROUND HER! SMILE WHEN SHE WOULD BE HAPPY AND WOULD SAY TO HER FRIENDS OR EVEN FAMILY 'IM HAPPY AND NOTHING COULD TAKE AWAY MY SMILE OR LAUGH!' I WANT TO SEE THE HAPPY LUCY!!! NOT THE FUCKING FAKE ONE THAT WOULD LIE IN FRONT OF MY FACE WHEN I WOULD KNOW SHE IS MISERABLE AND COULD DO NOTHING DAMN ABOUT IT!! SO WHEN AND WHY I CANT SEE IT?! THE SMILE!! THE SMILE I KNOW CAN BE BEAUTIFUL AND LIKE A FLOWER EVEN ON A WINTER DAY! WHERE?! WHERE IS IT?!"

Lucy's eyes widen.

"Why....? Am I not important in your life...? Is it because I don't know your pain...? Your sadness? Anything about you?! I don't care! I WANT TO BE PART OF YOUR LIFE! I WORRY FOR YOU! YOU TALK ABOUT DYING! GOING TO HEAVEN! SEEING YOUR MOM! BUT YOU WONT LET ME FEEL YOUR PAIN! YOU KEEP HIDING THINGS FROM ME! GRAY KNOWS! I CAN TELL JUVIA KNOWS! HELL! EVEN THE WHOLE  WORLD WILL KNOW BUT ME RIGHT?! YOU DONT HAVE TO TELL ME BUT YOU DONT NEED TO LIE IN FRONT OF MY FACE AND ACT LIKE IM NOT GOING TO CARE!"

Lucy knees down to Natsu slightly. "Natsu...I'm sorry...I should tell you more about...me. Now...*claps hands together* get off the snow or you are soon going to get frostbite."

Natsu just ignored her. Half of her was changing the subject but the other half...was being honest..

As Natsu was thinking he felt a warm, soft, and calming touch his hand. I looked up to see Lucy.

She lifts him along with herself as puts on a smile on her face. She presses her thumps against the sides of his cheeks. "Don't cry...it's the second time...trust me..It hurts me more than it can ever hurt you, Natsu.."

She lifts him up on his feet and wipes the show off her knees. Lucy smiles at Natsu. "Now let's go...I'm getting a little cold.." Natsu then nods as he smiles..Just a little but it is enough for Lucy to feel a little better...

"Come on..." She then holds Natsu's hand as they exit the park.

The whole time was silent but it was right...Natsu really didn't want to talk because of how he yelled..how he shown his fear..even when he was about to cry...in front of her...

Lucy on the other hand didn't want to talk about of how Natsu needed to let out some steam...and he just needs to feel like a friend to her and nothing will go bad..right?

Lucy sighs. As she was getting close to her house AGAIN, she suddenly gets a phone call.

"Oh Natsu, Just a minute. I have a phone all."

Natsu nods.

Lucy lets go of Natsu's hand and walks a few steps away from him. Like around 15. She answers the call and says, "Hello?"

"Lucy!"

Lucy's eyes widen. "Dad...?"

"Oh my! I was so worried! You haven't answered me or anything and I thought you were dead by god knows what!"

'Soon to be Dad...soon to be...'

"*Ahem* I'm fine Dad..just..things have been going on and January 4th is coming up soon..and..things will be rough..but I made some new friends! So that's good!"

"Oh that's great sweetie! Who are they?"

"U-Um it's not important! But I know I haven't came over in a while and I will!"

"I hope Lucy...you are going to spend at least Christmas Eve here right?"

Lucy turns to Natsu and he is looking at her. With those eyes...

"Lucy?"

"O-Oh! Um of course! I will enjoy it as much as last year!"

"Great! I can tell you are spending Christmas Day with your friends so- I hope you will enjoy that."

Lucy smiles.

"Thanks Dad."

"No problem my little girl.."

"You know what? I'm going to come over this weekend!"

"Great! You made my day Lucy!"

Lucy giggles. "I'm glad. Well my friend is with me so I need to go! Love you Dad and see you this weekend."

"Bye sweetie! See you soon!"

Lucy ends the call.

"So it's now Thursday so it is in a few days.."

She then hears footsteps behind her and was about to slap the person for defense but it was Natsu. And he held her arm.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry Natsu! I-I'm honestly losing it! I-I can't keep my mind straight anymore...!"

Natsu sighs as he closes his eyes and lets go of her arm. "It's fine...you were just defending yourself. But I don't think smacking someone across the face will save you."

Lucy rolls her eyes. "So what was that about?" She looks to Natsu. "Oh um..my dad called me.." "And?" "Well...I may sound like an awful daughter but I- *sigh* I haven't talked to him in 3 months for no reason." "Not as worse as me Luce." "I don't know...but I'm going to see him this weekend. Probably Saturday." "Sounds good. Hope you enjoy." "Are you going to see your dad?" "Yeah...I talked to Zeref on the phone, him and I are going Saturday to see my dad...if you want I will ask him to see why he knows you." "It is up to you."

Natsu smiles. "Then I will." Lucy then smiles as well.

She quickly gives Natsu a hug around the torso and hugs him tight. Natsu wasn't really expecting a hug from her but smiles. He hugs her warmly with a bright smile on his face. "You really like hugs don't you Luce?" "Shut up...I think it is a sign of love and friendship...something warmly that not all people can get from me. So be happy." "Trust me. I am.."

They both smile as they keep on hugging. Thinking about how things were and will be today...