...Heartbreak...

————————
The same day
December 25

Lucy broke the kiss and had her hands over her mouth. Natsu chuckles as he still has his hands on her hips.

"So you do love me!" Lucy blushes. "I'm taking that as a yes!" Natsu kiss her on the cheek and says, "Wow...I never thought you would..this is actually pretty amazing.." Natsu squeezes her hips a little as she sighs.

She lets her hands go and says, "I guess...I guess I do love yo-." Lucy's eyes widen..

'No....oh no...when I die...'

Lucy turns to Natsu.

'He will be left alone...'

Lucy gulps. 'I have to tell him...and soon..' "U-Um Natsu?" "Oh wait! What's that?" Natsu gently takes Lucy off of him and goes to an album. He brings it over to her and smiles.

"What's this?" "O-Oh! That's a photo album of all the pictures I take for work!" "For work?" "I'm a photographer! It's what my mom did as well!" "Well that's neat!"

Natsu places it on the coffee table in front of them. "But if you date me, you have to get one of these!"

Natsu lifts up the sleeve by his right shoulder to see a tattoo. "A tattoo? I-I don't know Natsu..my dad will kill me if I get one?" "Doesn't your dad have one though?" "How do you know?" "Read up on your dad online. He has a tattoo of Layla of the side of his arm in cursive handwriting." "He does...but he'll kill me if I get a tattoo." "I think he wouldn't kill his daughter..."

Natsu puts the sleeve down and sighs. "It's not about being in the group or even gang, it's about becoming a family." Lucy sighs. "L-Let me think about it...okay?" Natsu nods happily. "Okay!"

"Hey Nats-!" "Lucy do you want to go somewhere? I-I mean out to eat or somewhere!" "NATSU!" "What..?" Lucy sighs. "Why are you interrupting EVERYTHING I say?" Natsu sighs. "I'm not used to this...I haven't gone on a date in a while...or even dating anyone in a while..the last girl was 4 years ago..." "Oh...now that I think about it...the guys did mention a name before..." "Mmm...I don't know what you talking about!" Natsu says quickly trying to change the subject.

"I think it was Lasagna or something...gosh...that's a weird name..." Natsu laughs. "Okay Luce...Okay..." "What?" "Nothing...oh my god that killed me...but seriously do you want to go anywhere...?"

Lucy frowns as she puts on a smile. "Actually I would...you won't know where it is so follow me and be prepared...we are going to be walking.."

Natsu nods as they go out of Lucy's house and began to walk, to where Lucy wanted to go.

After a while of walking in silence, Lucy goes up to a hill with Natsu. She then smiles softly.

Lucy goes on her knees and wipes the snow off to see...a tomb stone...

"Hey Mom..." Natsu frowns as he goes on his knees as well. He holds Lucy's hand as he looks at the tomb stone.

'Mother, Wife, best friend to all
Kind and Caring
Layla Ann Heartfilia
Died on January 4th'

Natsu frowns as he looks to Lucy who had something to say to her mother. "I'm here...I'm sorry I haven't came by in a while, I hope you can forgive me..*turns to Natsu then back to tomb stone* I have someone here who helped me a lot..I don't know if can help my illness Mom...but I know *cough cough* he's here to help and love me..." Lucy smiles. "I don't know what we are now...I love him...and he loves me...I guess boyfriend and girlfriend...Oh I forgot to tell you his name mom! I don't know if you will like it but he's Natsu Dragneel...a used to be criminal...that somehow walked into my life...Natsu say 'hi'..."

Natsu gulps as he says, "Hi Miss Heartfilia...I'm Natsu as you may know...I don't know if I'm right for your daughter but *holds Lucy's hand tighter* I'm going to be here for her...I will watch over her for you..you can count on me..."

Lucy smiles and she holds Natsu's hand warmly.

"Well...do you want to get going Natsu? You don't have to stay any longer if you want.." "Nah..I like it here...with your mom...it's peaceful..more than life could be..."

Lucy looks at Natsu who was enjoying the view of the town over the hill that they are on.

They stayed there for around an hour and a half. It was nice...it was quiet...it was peaceful...it calmed Natsu down...

The two both walked to Lucy's house again and Natsu says, "Well I enjoyed today. Thank Luce." "I enjoyed it too.."

"Hey Luce?" Lucy turns to Natsu. "Yeah?" "What are we to you?"

Lucy was silent. "I-I don't know...it's difficult...you know..?" Natsu nods. "Well I will wait for you..okay?" Lucy smiles. "Okay..." Natsu smiles warmly as he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She returns that with giving him a hug.

"Merry Christmas Natsu..." "Merry Christmas Luce..."

Natsu then broke the hug and waved goodbye as he began to walk away with his hands in his pockets.

Lucy smiles as she goes back to her room.

Lucy then goes into the kitchen to get glass of water. She poured the water into a cup and was about to take a sip but then she looks to the garbage...

"Oh shit..."

Lucy puts her glass of water down to see the present she was going to give Natsu..

"God I'm awful for not remembering this.."

Lucy picks up the present from the garbage and thinks, 'Natsu mustn't be so far from here..'

She dust off anything that could be on the present and rushes out of the door.

Lucy goes to the way Natsu went then took a left, another left and a right.

Her eyes widen to see Natsu giving the side kiss on the cheek along with a hug to a girl. She did the same thing to him...

'She's gorgeous...'

The girl had short white hair along with crystal blue eyes that can sparkle during the night. She had a lavender coat that went up to her hips and had a bag in her hand that she gave to Natsu.

Natsu smiles as he gives her a hug, and she hugs him back with a beautiful smile on her face.

Just then Lucy realized something was going down her cheeks....tears...

She wipes her tears away as she sees Natsu and the girl holding hands as they walk to the park that has memory of Natsu screaming his heart out for Lucy to smile...

But Lucy can't smile during this...

Lucy dropped the present and ran as fast as she can....

But.....

Little did she know....

She was being followed....