I Regret

Lucy's eyes widen as she remembers it all. It wasn't any sorta term memory loss...she just forget. As time went on he looks completely different to her as well for him...

"DAD!!! OH MY FUCKING GOD!! DAD PLEASE!!!"

Lucy turns to Natsu quickly to see him on the another side of the bed, kneeling down, and holding his father's right hand.

Lucy's eyes widen.

"Lucy..." He says in a sharp tone as he looks to her, crying his eyes out.

"..."

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY FATHER WHEN I WAS GONE?!! WHY DIDNT YOU WATCH OUT FOR HIM?! AND NOW HE'S-." He then slips his hand out of his father and had face to the ground crying.

She then starts to walk to Natsu little by little. "Natsu I'm so sorry...." She was about to place her hand on his shoulder but he smacked it away and looks at her. "NO! DONT TOUCH ME!! DONT EVEN LOOK AT ME!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!" Lucy's eyes widen as she sees to monitor and...he was gone...completely gone and she didn't even realize...

'God...I'm an awful person...'

She frowns. "WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!" Lucy gulps as she walks to Natsu more and kneels down to him.

Lucy wraps her arms around his neck and gives him a hug. A comforting hug...

"Natsu I'm so sorry..I'm sorry...I'm sorry.."

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!" He then began to cry harder. Begging while yelling for her to leave. "Natsu...please...calm down..."

"..."

"That's better...just calm down...breathe in...breathe out..."

"Shut up..." He says in a sharp tone. "Natsu please..." "Shut the fuck up...this is different than how your fucking mother died Lucy!!! YOU GOT TO SAY GOODBYE TO HER WHILE MY OWN FATHER DIED, ME LEAVING THE DAMN ROOM WHILE THIS RANDOM GIRL THAT I'VE KNOWN FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS SAID GOODBYE! BUT NOT ME! HIS SON! WITH YOU...*sniff* you got to say goodbye...SO DONT TRY TO PLAY THAT STUPID SHIT ON ME LUCY!"

Lucy slaps him across the face. "SHUT UP! I'VE SAID IM SORRY CONSTANTLY TRYING TO BEG FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS AND YOU ARE ALWAYS YELLING AT ME! *cough* *cough* DoNt you THINK I SAID GOODBYE! I WAS BELIEVING SEE TRIPPED, SLIPPED, FELL ASLEEP- ANYTHING BUT DEAD! I DIDNT SAY GOODBYE, I SAID MOMMY WAKE UP! SAY SOMETHING TO ME MOMMY! WE ARE GOJNG TO MAKE SNOWMAN TOMORROW RIGHT?! *cough* *cough* *cough* *losing breath* I did never say goodbye *cough* *cough* so don't try any of that with me. TRY TO FEEL MY PAIN AND NOT MAKE RANDOM THINGS UP THAT WILL NOT BE TRUE!"

Natsu's eyes were just blank at that moment. Like before he warmed up to Lucy to a sorta close friend.

He gets on the phone and says, "Gray....*turns to Lucy* get Lucy the fuck out of my father's room. Do want you please with her. I don't care. Dead or alive in some sort...DONT QUESTION IT GRAY!" Natsu then hangs up the call.

Lucy's eyes widen. "Natsu please...please don't do this..." He just ignored her and looks to his father, who lying dead in the bed.

He sighs as he hears the door open. They both turn to see Gray there out of breath. His eyes widen as he sees Natsu's Dad. Gray then looks to the monitor. "No....he couldn't be...Natsu...is he..?" Natsu look down. Lucy looks to Gray worried, on to what will happen to her.

He marches to Lucy and grabs her by the arm with force. Gray lifts her up and takes her out of the room.

Lucy got one last glance at Natsu. To him, crying...and was mumbling something...

'What are you thinking about Natsu...?'

Gray then exits the hospital with Lucy and puts her in the passengers seat of his car.

He then goes in the car as well and has his hands on the wheel looking down. "I-I...I cant believe it...he's gone..." Lucy looking forward, seeing in the corner of her left eye to see Gray crying lightly.

They then were driving away. "I...I don't want to kill you Lucy... You are the second most kindest woman ever in my life." Lucy looks down. "But Natsu wants you dead...I don't think he means that though...he sees more in you that he can see in any other girl. He wasn't been there for his dad, since he went to prison, but he tells me when I visit him, "How is my dad?" "Is he getting better...?" *Sniff* "I miss him.." All that stuff...It's just- really hard for him Lucy..."

Lucy remained silent. "Okay...so here's my plan..until Natsu calms down enough for him to let you back in his life...we need to pretend for you to be dead. Don't go anywhere where Natsu would go, don't try to come to the warehouse, don't do anything stupid...Okay..?"

Lucy nods.

Gray sighs. "So...I don't understand..why is he mad at you anyways."

Lucy gulps. "I told Natsu to get one of the nurses or doctors to check Igneel to see if he was okay. And they took forever. Then-....Then he then said my mothers name...then...mine...I remembered him from my past as he died right in front of me. And I couldn't call or do anything to help...I was only caring for myself...in so many stupid way...I regret...I regret meeting you guys..."

Gray frowns. "H-Hey...I'm sorry..We didn't mean to cause you this much trouble..but since you got close to Natsu-everyone in our group-...you are now a part of this."

Lucy frowns as she nods yes slowly.

Gray then parks the car in front of her house. "Now I need you to stay home, I will check on you, I will call Sting along with Juvia to tell them what happened. Just always stay inside the house. And never leave..."

Lucy nods as she exits the car and Gray frowns as he drives away.
——————————
With Natsu

After telling the news his father is dead to everyone, they were all crying, along with Gray's Dad Silver. Igneel and Silver were close friends growing up on the same neighborhood for over 15 years.

Gray then walks in the hospital with a frown on his face. Natsu looks to him and said, "What did you do...?"

Gray gulps as he struggles to say, "I-I...I killed her..."

For a second or two Gray saw Natsu's eyes widen with shock and sadness. But then...it was away...

Natsu breathes in...then out...

"G-G...Good job Gray...I-It has to be done..."

Gray frowns to see him lying to his own best friend...defending another...