Chapter 22: I am so boned

A/N if you were wondering why the update, I changed a couple of lines due to the fact I made Percy's mum and Paul dead without realising it....enjoy!

Luke/Percy's POV

"SON?!?!" Mayla exclaimed as I looked sheepishly away.
Oh god, I might have stuffed this one up.
"Yes" my mother said.
I shook my head.
"I am sure you're-"
"You would recognise him if he still had his sea-green eyes and black hair" my mother explained "He used to try and come home every so often to look after you"
I looked up at Mayla slowly.
She gasped as she took a good look at me.
"I...I remember an older boy looking after me but then he disappeared" she whispered.
"Demigod life" I replied "I didn't know if you would inherited Poseidon's abilities or not so-"
"Wait, so is Paul my father or..." Mayla asked.
Paul shook his head.
"You were 10 when I married your mother" Paul replied.
"So that means..." she whispered.
"You're a demigod" I replied.
She glared at me.
"Did you know it was me?" She demanded.
I put my hands up in defeat.
"No, I haven't seen you in years and last time I saw you you had natural brown hair" I replied "I put the pieces together when you said your parents were in Aus which I knew mine was and when you showed me a picture of your old hair I recognised you straight away"
"That's why you were so nervous to come to Australia, because they were here" Mayla said.
I nodded.
"And because of what happened, I haven't seen them so I don't endanger them with those...demigods" I said.
My mum noticed my sour tone.
"I assume things happened with camp then" she said.
I nodded.

"I originally thought you guys...d-died" I said, trying to keep my voice strong "But Nyx made me realise that you were okay and the gods did that to try to break me..." My mum looked at me wide eyed.

"Oh my gods" she whispered, hugging me.

"What I don't get is, how come my powers haven't come out yet?" Mayla asked as mum got out of the hug.
"Simple: Poseidon doesn't know you're alive...he was drunk when he visited mum" I replied.
"So...he raped her" Mayla said.
I looked at mum, who looked pale.
"No" I exclaimed "he didn't!"
Mum looked down.
I growled.
"Another reason the gods are egotistical idiots" I snapped.
"Calm down, he's your-"
"No father of mine would never visit his child and only use him as a pawn for his game" I snarled.
My mum and Paul jumped.
"Your eyes-"
"Changed blue?" I asked.
They nodded.
"It's a long story" I said.
"We have time" Paul said.
"And he doesn't have to do sound check until 5 so we have 2 hours" Mayla said.
I smiled.
"Follow me" I said, leading them to my dressing room.

~1 hour later~

"...and now here I am" I said.
My mum and Paul looked at me with shock.
"I hope you know what you're doing son, the gods are hard to reason with" mum said.
"I'lol be careful and the worse they can do is make me mortal which is okay because I can continue my career" I replied.
"What if they kill you?" Mum asked.
"Hades, Nyx and Thantos won't allow it" I replied.
"Tartarus?"
"I'm good friends with him"
"Slave?"
"Bring a war on them"
"Captured?"
"I would break out and kill them"
My mum widen her eyes.
"Relax, I know what I'm doing, I'm one step ahead of everyone" I replied.
"Then I would like you to tell me what it is so I don't stress" Mum said.
I sighed.
"I'll tell you after" I replied "I promise, but not now"
"Is it because I'm here and I will blabber it to Nyx?" Mayla asked.
"Maybe..." I said slowly.
She groaned and rolled her eyes.
"I'm doing this to protect you, you know that right?" I asked.
She nodded.
"I know, you and your stupid flaw" she replied.
"That you probably have too" I teased "Children of Poseidon"
"So does that mean Kristy is my half-sister?" Mayla asked.
I chuckled.
They were always close from the first time they met.
Most people would think they were sister's anyway.
"Yes" I replied.
"But what I don't get is her powers" Paul said "Shouldn't she have some like you?"
"I'm not completely sure" I said honestly "I could get Nyx onto it; it just could be because Poseidon never knew about you so he couldn't clam her"
I looked at Mayla with a smile.
"Either way, I would teach her" I said.
This made Mayla smiled brightly.

"I knew Mayla was a good singing but I never knew you were Percy" Paul said.
"Most of the times you saw me was in battle situations or it didn't come up" I said "To be honest, I didn't think I was good until the record label after listening to us said my voice made the band and they haven't heard a voice like that in a while"
"He did have a guitar which he used to play when he could" Sally said "And then Mayla found it and she started to play it"
Paul turned to his wife teasingly.
"Do you have a musical talent I don't know about?" He asked.
"I have no idea where they would have gotten it from" my mum said "My great grandfather was a famous musical and we could be related to Michael Jackson-"
"Wait really?" I asked, shocked.
Mum shrugged.
"That's what my dad said" she replied.
"Oh my god, we could be related to a pop legend!" Mayla said, jumping up and down.
"Anyway" I said "It could also be because we could have siren abilities"
"That's true" mum said.
And then said randomly hugged me.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"I really missed you, I thought you were dead" she whispered.
I hugged her back.
"I'm sorry but I didn't want you hurt, I was trying to hide from the gods and I didn't want them to come after you" I said.
I heard my mum chuckle.
"The only time we had a god like figure over was a purple haired girl" Paul said.
"Wait-"
"Nyx asked me before she did it" my mum whispered in my ear, making me widen my eyes.
"I was worried about that as well and I didn't know how I was going to tell you" I whispered back "I'm sorry"
"Don't be sorry, she's a good girl, I don't know why the gods want a war with her when she's oblivious trying to save earth" mum whispered.
I nodded.
"I would love to stay but I have to go to do sound check" I said "Are you seeing-"
My mum let go of me.
"Yes we are and we will cheer you on" she said.
"Is it okay I say you're in the audience?" I asked.
"It doesn't bother us" Paul replied.
I smiled and kissed my mum on the cheek.
"Love you, I have to go" I said and walked out my dressing room "Mayla, you can look after them"
"Why do I have to?"
"You're not the one performing"
"I am!"
"Then let mum chill in there then until the performance!"
"Fine!"