Chapter 79: The Haunting Past

~That night~

Percy's POV

I looked around, confused where I was.

I seemed to be in my bedroom in my house...but it isn't it.

It felt...off.

The aura was different.

"Hello Perseus"

I snapped my head to notice Void standing in front of me...with an usual smirk on his face.

I immediately put my guard up, knowing this isn't good.

"How did you escape?" I demanded "And I thought you were neutral?"

He chuckled darkly.

"You think a pesky little cell would hold me?" he asked, stepping towards me.

I felt myself walk backwards as he walked towards me and continued walk towards me.

"You really think a weak being like you would change my mind?" Void asked "I am still the same...I want you dead"

I looked at him surprise.

"A lot of people would back me, including your sons" I said, making him laugh.

"You really think they care about you?" he asked as I felt my back hit the wall.

Void put his hand next to my head on the wall, smirking and staring me in the eyes.

"They're all acting...why do you think they are all over you?" Void said coldly "They never cared, only use you as a toy. They're bond to chuck you away soon"

I was frozen in shock.

"You might disagree with me verbally but mentally you know it's true" Void said darkly, "You just need to unlock that in your head"

"My dark thoughts?" I asked "My depression? No! I'm finally happy for once!"

He laughed and tapped my forehead with his free hand, myself noticing red sparks coming from it.

I felt immediate pain shock me from my head down, making me whimper slightly.

Void backed away slowly, chuckling.

"Someone like you don't deserve to be happy, the hurt and pain you have caused people from existing" he said coldly, making me freeze.

He's right...

...without me a lot of people would be alive today.

"I know that" I said, trying to standing up straight, wobbling slightly "But the people today need me and it's not the Greek world...it's the mortal world. I provide them hope and enjoy doing something I love"

"Aren't you tired of that? Running after people who you don't know appreciate it...aren't you tired of the live you have lived?" He asked, making me look at him confused.

"Of life?" I asked.

I hesitated.

"N-No?" I answered uncertain.

He smirked as I walked towards him with shaky legs.

Wow, whatever he did really knocked through me.

"You hesitated" Void said, making me narrow my eyes.

"Fine!" I snapped "I guess I'm tired! I'm tired of the endless battles I have to fight because of my father! I'm tired of people talking behind my back like I'm not there!  I'm tired of being treated like glass! Tired of being ignored! Tired of being loathed every second day! I'm tired of my loyalties being broken....I-I-"