Chapter 23: Theories

Annabeth's POV

I narrowed my eyes at Luna, who was staring at me with confusion.
She must be possessed.
But that's not possible.
And how would Percy know?
"Annabeth?" Luna asked.
I shook my head and walked out the big house.
I need to think.

I walked straight to the beach, sighing as I sat on the cold sand.
The winter breeze chilled my back as I looked onto the cloudy horizon.
I wonder how Percy's going?
I hope he's going well.
He looks like he's enjoying life.
I really want to talk to him, to have a chat with him.
But I was the one who did it in the first place.
I was the one who broke him.
The one who made him almost commit suicide.
I just...I can't do that to him again.
I just can't.
I looked down onto the sand, grabbing some grans.

"Annabeth"
I looked up and saw Leo.
I smiled faintly.
"Hey Leo" I said as he sat next to me "What's wrong?"
He looked at me.
"You know how I've been keeping tabs on him since I'm a fan of his?" He asked softly, making me nod "So I noticed this come up in the news"
I looked at the article on his phone and widen my eyes as I read it,

'Luke's Casual Affair

The former lead singer  of Catalystic Waves, Luke Jackson is in the news once again.
Not just because of his successful solo career since his band broke up for unspoken reasons, but for a theory which fans have spectacled ever since Luke's best friend and bass guitarist Brendon McAdams, left the world tour 3 months ago just before the tour started. The shock news of Brendon's close friend leaving the band for 'personal reasons' shocked Luke's fans, however lit a spark to the flame.
Brendon has admitted to being bisexual, having wife who supports him, and Luke to being pansexual, and their close friendship made fans think for a while that they were dating. They however both denied those claims.

Picture Brendon took on his Instagram captioned 'look who had a rough night last night, thanks American Music Awards and the fans at the event for knocking @LukeJacksonOffical out!'

(Picture also above)

A day before the tour, Luke announced a new song, 'Casual Affairs, which was added to the setlist. The single song which Luke revealed will be on a second album in the process, was an instant hit and let theories to come around about what it was about. At first listen, the song is about a normal affair but recent footage of Luke performing the song at his tour in Auckland, Brendon's hometown, makes it look otherwise.

Footage of the Auckland
(A/N I know it's Brendon Urie and he performed in Seattle, But there is a reason why it's here and if you're fans of
P!ATD you know where this chapter might go)

He is acting out of the ordinary, headbanging and wiping his eyes.
Fans at the concert claimed after the footage finished, after the song, Luke apologies for his actions saying "It brings back memories I wish I could forget".
Theories state that Luke and Brendon got together one night, forcing Brendon to leave the band.
But Luke, apart from that performance, has never showed any reaction to Brendon's parting or questions asked in interviews.
Brendon hasn't been on social media since the incident.

Fans predict that when he performs his last show of his first solo world tour in New York, he will be acting worse since that is the place where Brendon left the band.
Fans also know that his old band mates live in Nee York and highly likely going to be there.
That show will be an emotional one for Luke he is only just gotten over his dark times after his band left.
Would he be able to perform?

The New York show is on July 12th, 2025.
Get your tickets here in the link below'

I looked at Leo with shook as I gave him back his phone.
"Wow" I said, speechless.
"Yeah" He said "What do you think?"
I looked at him confused.
"What?" I asked.
"What do you think? You know him better than the rest of us do" Leo answered.
I sighed.
"I won't be surprised if that was true" I said "just after the war he told me he was pan and he didn't want that to effect our relationship and I was okay with it. I have seen some of the pictures with Brendon, and that one in the article shows a little too close for comfort if it was friends"
Leo nodded.
"I just wanted to tell you before Luna twists here lies around it and tells you a different story" Leo said "she's acting weirder and weirder each day...I feel like Percy is right"
I nodded.
"I want to talk to him about it, I want to fix this...but I could break him again...and I don't want to do that" I whispered, looking down "He doesn't want us in his life so why worry about it? We should remember him for being the hero he is, not Luna's lies?
Leo put his hand on my shoulder.
"We will" Leo said "I got VIP tickets for us to see him in New York which includes a meet and greet. However i asked them to let Per- I mean Luke decide what people he let into the meet and greet...he will let you in Annabeth...he still loves you, I can see it"
I looked at him and smiled.
"Thanks Leo" I said "That makes me feel a whole lot better"

(A/N update 29/10/18: soooo I'm not sure if the picture for the article uploaded up the chapter so I put it above/side, depending on if you're looking on a computer or device)