Chapter 40: ...until I met you

~10 minutes later~

Percy/Luke's POV

I looked to my side and notice Ava typing on her phone.

"Stupid New York traffic" Ava said "Now I'm bond to be late"

"We have 35 minutes to get there and it takes roughly 20 minutes to-"

"I'm going to be so late! And it's my second case as well! I'm going to be fired!" Ava said, putting her head in her hands.

I put my hand on her leg, making her look at me.

"Relax, I believe they would understand if you're a little bit late" I said "Your company won't fire you because you were late; I can take blame if I need to, because it was my fault"

Ava smiled, generally.

It was beaut-

wait, what?

I forced myself to look away.

I can't do this again.

'What are you saying young one?'

I forgot he was there.

'Forgot me? I'm flattered!'

'You were quiet!'

'Don't avoid the topic, why would you hesitate, it is obvious both of you like each other'

'People will get hurt...Ava would get hurt' I started 'And I just met her...I can determined anything from talking to her, she could be lying because of fame'

'You really need a reality check boy'

"So" she said, snapping me out of my thoughts "Tell me about yourself"

I looked at her confused.

"I mean, my life is literally portrayed on tv" I said.

"Well, I mean not your private life" she said.

I sighed.

"Well I have a very complicated family" I started "I have my birth mother and father, and then a step-father and then an adopted mother...I also have a full-blood sister and two half-blood sisters"

She looked at me really confused.

"My mum had me with my dad but he got 'lost at sea' as my mum said so I never saw him until I was 12" I explained "My mum met Paul, my step-father around that time and married him when I was 16. I still saw my dad but I never saw him as he was apart of a family driven corporate business which he was never home for. When I was 17 I got news that my step-father and my mum died and since my dad was the one who was driving the car which killed them but not him, I stayed by myself in New York, until I met my mangers, Andy and Nyx. Nyx later became my adopted mum but then I found out 4 years after their death, that both my step-father and mum survived the crash and went to live in Australia away from my dad. I saw them when I was on the Australia leg of my tour"

Ava stared at me, blinking her eyes with shock.

"Yeah, that's not even half of my family drama" I said "I've been through so much shit in my life...my career was a way out of it but then they got involved...and anything is falling apart again"

"Get your mangers to kick them out your life" Ava said, surprising me "I mean, your attention just doesn't go to them anymore, it's to the world and they need to understand that"

"Well they don't" I muttered before saying louder "What about you?"

Her face darken.

"I mean, mine isn't too better I guess" she said "My parents died when I was younger so I lived in an orphanage when I was younger. I had to work 3 jobs and school to get into college and then get a degree in law, I'm quiet surprised I even survived that long"