Chapter 72: The Start of Something New

~3 months later~

Third POV

"So...would you please welcome, Ava!" Ellen said, the crowd cheering as a girl with a forced smile came onto stage.

Ava was wearing a slim-fitting black dress which Luke once said make her 'look like a goddess', black heals, natural makeup with her hair done in a messy ponytail. 

"Now" Ellen said as everyone calmed down "I know it is quiet a hard time for you at the moment, do you have any news you would like to share?"

Ava smiled faintly.

"Not at the moment Ellen, but as soon as I get anything, I will let everyone know" Ava said "I don't like keeping people in the dark"

"You sound just like your partner" Ellen said, making Ava chuckle.

"So we heard on the news what happened, we are very sorry and I know all of us send our wishes to you, his family and friends" Ellen said, making Ava nod.

"It is hard" Ava admitted "But Percy would want us to live and not stand still, even if he is in a coma" 

Ellen nodded.

"I was originally going to have you and his old band come in but they said they had another thing on but I have a surprise for you as I know you have been having a hard time" Ellen said, a smirk appearing on her face.

Ava looked at Ellen confused while the audience was intrigued.

"Look at the screen" Ellen instructed, making everyone look.

Everyone gasped as a video of the singer who is in a coma appeared on screen.

He seemed in be in the hospital; in a white room in a hospital gown, sitting on the side of the bed, smiling at the camera.

He looked nervous, chuckling as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Um...so hey" He said.

"Percy?" Ava whispered, confused.

"I just wanted to tell you I'm awake...surprise!" he said, making everyone cheer while Ava was speechless. 

"I just have to stay here under strict condition to monitor me but then I should be back on me feet hopefully soon because I have already been awake for a couple of hours and I'm bored" Percy said, making Ava laugh, tears filling her eyes.

"Just wanna say I love you Ava and I'll see you soon" Percy said, blowing a kiss before the screen went black.

Everyone politely clapped while Ellen was smiling and Ava was wiping her tears.

"Did you like that?" Ellen said.

Ava nodded.

"I did" Ava said "But he is so dead when I see him next for not telling me he's awake"

Everyone laughed.

"We reached out to him and to our surprise he was awake" Ellen said "And he looked pretty good too"

"He's always been a fast healer" Ava said.

"Now we're going to have a break, but when we come back we'll talk more to Ava!" Ellen said, the crowd cheering.

"AND CUT!" a cameraman shouted.

Ava sat there awkwardly as make-up and hair fixed both Ellen and Ava up.

"What other topics are we going to talk about?" Ava asked "So I don't feel so awkward"

"Just about career and singing" Ellen said as the make-up and hair people left her "We can cut it shorter if you want as well"