Chapter 36: The fight for the crown part 1

Third POV

"Mayla are you okay?" Annabeth asked.
Mayla nodded, slightly conscious.
"Is Luke okay?" She asked.
Annabeth chuckled and rolled her eyes.
"Jackson's...always care about someone else before yourself" Annabeth muttered, making Mayla smile.
"We will find out" Annabeth continued, noticing Poseidon's eyes on Mayla "But I think your father needs to heal heal you"
The gods gasped as Poseidon walked over to Mayla and Annabeth.
"B-But how?" Poseidon asked "I thought I only had Percy with Sally"
Mayla chuckled.
"I don't know the full story but that you might have been drunk..."
"Oh..." Poseidon whispered as he carried Mayla into his arms "I'm sorry my sweet child"
"What for?" She asked.
"For not knowing and bringing you into the world of the Greeks" he said, Mayla noticing the sadness in his eyes.
"Just because a demigod life isn't long doesn't mean I can't enjoy it; Luke has protected me but now I have to protect myself" Mayla said "protect everyone"
Poseidon smiled.
"My trait of personal loyalty really needs to stop going down into my children" Poseidon said, making both Mayla and Kirsty giggle.
A groan is heard from the ground, making the rest of the seven plus the band run over to Luke.
"Do you think he might be in control now?" Kristy asked, concerned for her half-brother.
"Maybe, we hope" Annabeth said as she glared at Luke.

Luke opened his eyes to reveal azure blue ones, making everyone gasp.
"W-What's going on?" Luke asked, sounding confused "Why am I here?"
"Do you remember anything at all?" Annabeth asked.
Luke looked down for a second and then snapped his head up and widen his eyes.
His eye immediately filled up with tears and he looked into his hands.
"O-Oh my Chaos! What did I do?" Luke said "I should have fought it! I-"
"It wasn't your fault Luke, don't be so-"
"You guys could have gotten hurt!" Luke said, "Annabeth and Mayla did! Why did I do this? I'm so stupid and-"
"It could have been worse" Piper said hopefully.
"But it is worse because I had to hurt you guys" Luke whimpered.
Annabeth noticed how much he was shaking, remembering his anxiety.
"Guy's, I think he needs some space" Annabeth said.
"But-"
"Back off Piper!" Annabeth snapped "You guys just stood there while myself and Mayla tried to save Luke! And Mayla doesn't even know how to fight-"
"I actually know the basics since Luke taught me"
"-not the point Mayla; they did nothing and just watched so back off!"
"Guys, Luke trusts Annabeth and Mayla more than anyone...let her help Luke" Kristy whispered, stepping back.
Annabeth turned to Kristy and nodded, who smiled faintly back.
The others hesitated but followed Kristy's lead, clearly worried about Luke.

Annabeth looked down at the sobbing hero, feeling heartbroken.
'He doesn't deserve any of this' Annabeth thought 'He deserves peace'
"Luke look at me" Annabeth said, kneeling down.
He shook his head, his tears going down like a waterfall.
"N-N-no" Luke said, "I-I-"
"Percy" Annabeth whispered, making his head come up.
Annabeth widen her eyes as she noticed that his eyes flickered from the blue to Order's possessive purple but stayed calm, knowing anything can trigger a panic attack.
He looked down, noticing her panic.
"You're fighting him right now....aren't you?" Annabeth asked, making Luke nod "It's painful for you?"
Luke nodded again.
"I h-h-have t-to" Luke said "For y-you g-guys"
Annabeth shakes her head, helping him up to his feet, but he still wasn't looking at her.
"No you don't" Annabeth whispered, putting her hand on his shoulder, Luke look her in the eye "You care about yourself for once, not about us...you fight for yourself, not for us. All of us-"
She motioned to everyone around her; the gods, demigods and Nyx.
"-don't deserve a soul like yours. We've been using you over and over again...making you broken. You thought being a mortal artist got you out of it but it only pulled you into deeper danger; your mental sanity was at stake"
Luke looked down, unable to say any words.
"You almost t-took your life b-because of us" Annabeth chocked out, making Luke snap his head up, his eyes fully blue.
"That wasn't-"
"But it was Percy" Annabeth said "We should have fought it, fought the urge but we didn't and...you suffered"
"It wasn't your fault Annabeth, you were controlled!" Luke said.
Annabeth raised her eyebrow,
It took Luke a moment to realise it was the same conversation as before, only opposite.
He smiled sheepishly.
"Oh..." Luke said "So I guess I shouldn't be hard on myself?"
Annabeth nodded.
"We all make mistakes, some we can't control...but if we have people there to forgive us then...we know we can forgive ourselves" Annabeth said.
Luke smiled.
Suddenly Luke cried out in pain holding his side, his eyes scrunched closed, and leaning over slightly in pain, his head facing downwards.
"Luke?" Mayla asked, fully healed and standing next to Poseidon.
She rushes over next to Annabeth, who held her back.
"I knew this would have been too easy" Annabeth said "Luke, don't fight him"
"WHAT?!" The demigods yelled.
"What?" Luke asked, his voice sounding echoer.
He is now physically shaking, sweat and tears falling onto the ground.
"You will only wear yourself out! We can help you! Let us save you for once!" Annabeth said.
"A-Are you sure?" Luke asked, his voice sounding more like Orders "I-I'm not strong e-enough to fight him"
"You fought him, now...and we helped by Mayla using her powers" Annabeth said "We can find a way"
Luke gasped looking at Annabeth, everyone gasping at his eyes.
One eye was purple while the other was blue.
"I have an idea...Luna...and Nyx...pow-AHHH!"
Luke's legs gave away and he slammed into the ground, his head in his hands and the sobbing and shaking stopped.
Annabeth narrowed her eyes, her hands gripped on her sword handle.
Suddenly, an evil laugh came from the body of Luke.
He looked up to reveal purple eyes.
"You really think you can knock me out and expect me not to come back? Your attempts are adorable"

Order stood up and smirked, the lopsided grin on that face almost a memory.
"No matter how much you try, even if Perseus breaks through, I will aways come back and be the dominate one" Order said.
"We're willing to fight for him" Kristy said, standing next to Mayla and Annabeth.
"He's helped us so many times" Jason said, the rest of the seven stepping next the Annabeth.
"And we want to repay the favour" Dylan said, the rest of the band appearing at Mayla's side.
Order laughed.
"I would like to see you try" Order said "He only broke through last time because I was knocked out; but that won't happen this time..."
He smirked.
"I could erase his soul...I was so close to doing it with Luna" Order said slyly "It took me 6 years to learn so I might as well use a test subject"
"Don't you dare!" Poseidon said, making Order look up.
"Why do you care so much? You're not his father anymore" Order asked.
"Just because I made a mistake of which you controlled me, doesn't mean I don't care for him. I made many rash decisions due to him being missing which ended up hurting him anyway; he is my birth child and I will always support the decisions he makes...even if it's without me" Poseidon said.
Everyone looked at Poseidon with amazement, including Order, who's eyes flickered to blue for a split second.
"He is my son, and I will fight for him...even if he doesn't want me to" Poseidon said, standing next to Kristy.
"The laws forbid-"
"Technically since you're hosting a body that changes" Annabeth said "Because you're using a demigod or mortal body then he is only fighting a demigod or mortal therefore cheating the law"
"So we could have done that with...L-Luke?" Hermes asked.
Annabeth turned to him and nodded.
"I only found this out when I realised Order was controlling Luna, and Percy could easily harm her" Annabeth said.
She turned back to Order.
"So that means technically your brother can fight you" Annabeth said.

"Indeed I can"
Everyone turned to see Chaos himself appear behind the gods.
Everyone but Order immediately bowed as Chaos walked towards Order.
"Please, you don't need to bow" Chaos said.
"But he prefers you to because he thinks he's all mighty" Order said snarky, crossing his arms "You have never cared about anyone else apart from your self"
"Brother that is not-"
"So why did you erase me from Greek history?" Order asked "I've done equally as much great things as you, saving planets and star systems from terrible threats!"
"You only destroyed them without a valid reason" Chaos argued "And when you were put in the Vold it erased you automatically"
Order smirked.
"So if I put you in there, it will erase you?" Order asked "Very interesting..."
"Brother please, I do not want a fight, please stand down and we can talk about this" Chaos said, going in front of the line of demigods.
Order narrowed his eyes.
"And throw him back without explanation? No thanks" Order said, confusing everyone.
"Was that Luke who just said that?" Mayla asked, confused.
"I believe so, it seems Order is either influencing the boy and altering his personality or it is just Order mimicking your friend to get to all of us" Chaos said.
"All of us?" Annabeth asked.
"Chaos helped Luke through a hard time when Luke first encountered Order" Nyx explained "Chaos blessed him so his injuries wouldn't effect him"
"Injuries? When did this happen?" Kristy asked, making Chaos smile with realisation.
He chuckled to himself.
"I figured out your plan Order" Chaos said, confusing everyone, including Order himself.
Order didn't really have a plan so he was confused.
'Wow' Luke remarked in his head, making Order narrow his eyes.
"Father" Nyx said, making Chaos turn to her "What are you talking about?"
"Remember Luke's curse?" Chaos said.
Nyx gasped and then glared at her father.
"You told me you got rid of it!" Nyx snapped angrily.
"Nope, he still has it" Order said, making everyone turn to him "My brother just put it to sleep and it awoke the earlier today when he unlocked it; ironically just before this meeting today"
"Curse?" Annabeth asked.
Order sighed and took out his sword.
"This sword is called the sword of End, or didn't you hear your mother before?" Order asked "What she didn't finish saying was that your friend was striked by this sword, almost died if my brother didn't save him...he locked up your friend's curse until today, because he just wanted to make him suffer"
"That is not true" Chaos said.
"Then why do it now?" Order asked "You could have waited until after, it would have made the fight easier for him to defeat me"
"You want...to be destroyed?" Zeus asked "Then why go for the boy?"
"Of course I don't want to be defeated, but your pawn is defeated!" Order said "It just only proves Perseus' point, you wouldn't even care if he died"
"Of course we would, he is a hero" Zeus said.
Order laughed.
"You said he was a traitor when we first got here and threatened to kill him" Order said "You only want his boy for your own amusement; but he is broken because of you"
"It's because of you!" Athena argued.
"I'm not the one who put the prophecy on his shoulders, I'm not the one who fated him to crumble, I'm not the one who's making him insane and suicidal..." Order said, smirking "You were the one who broke him with putting the weight on his shoulders multiple times"
"That was the fates fault, not theirs, don't put the blame on them Order"
Everyone turned and gasped.
There stood Luna, awake and angry.