Chapter 24: Christmas in LA with friends (2 weeks later)

Percy's POV

I smiled as I walked into my LA apartment with Christmas presents for my tour team.
"Is anyone home?" I asked as I quickly walked into my room and hid the presents.
"Yes!"
I heard footsteps and turned around to see a very excited Mayla.
"Do you have my present?" She asked.
I laughed.
"Why would I tell you?" I asked "Shouldn't you be helping mum with food?"
She shrugged.
"She's got it" Mayla said and then closed my door.
Her smiling face turned serious.
"Now, are you going to tell me about what I walked in on the other day?" She demanded, making my face pale.

~~flashback 2 days ago~~

I looked down at my piano in my room, distressed.
I had Leo trying to call me on my phone before, and I answered without realising it was him.
And Annabeth spoke to me.
Brought up memories I wanted to forget.
But we had a casual talk.
Like the war isn't happening.
And then she burst into tears and talked about how she missed me and no matter what she loved me and she's sorry.
She started telling me things that she thinks about only I hear about in my head.
I quickly hung up on her, not wanting to hear her depressed thoughts or it will trigger mine.
I felt really bad for doing that.
Like I'm the monster in this situation...
I started to play a couple of chords as all of my emotions came through.

"Am I my mother's son?
Please, someone prove me wrong
Addicted to disaster
Love only goes so far
You don't know who I am
It changes with the moon
Give me time, I'll bring out the worst in you too
No happy ever after
You're already gone" I sung.

I burst into tears, putting my head on the piano with a clash of notes.
Why does everything happen to me?
Just why?!?!?
"Luke?"
I turned to see Mayla staring at me wide eyed at my door.

~~flashback ended~~

"You walked in on nothing" I replied as I started to walk to the door.
Mayla blocked me.
"Oh come on, I'm your sister; I walked in after the piano stopped and you were in tears" Mayla said, and then held my arms "Please tell me"
I pulled my arms away from her.
"Not here, not now" I said "I'm not being depressed in front of mum"
Mayla looked at me widen eyed.
"They talked to you, didn't they?" Mayla asked "The only other time you've been sour is when they came over"
I looked down.
"Please, not now...I will tell you but not now" I said.
She nodded.
"Okay, let's have some fun!" She said and pulled me out of my room.

I groaned as I got pulled into the living room.
What once was empty filled with people from the tour, all happily chatting.
I smiled.
"You found him?" The drummer for the tour, Daniel said, turning to me and Mayla.
"He was writing songs like normal" Mayla lied.
They nodded.
"Have a drink" Hannah said, the electric guitarist for the tour.
She handed me a bottle of beer.
I smiled.
"Thanks" I replied "BUT you guys need to make sure I'm not going overboard, like last time"
They all nodded.
"I'm surprised you even performed the next day, you were hella hungover" The basses, Issac said.
I rolled my eyes.
"I like to drink" I said "You should know that guys"
"A little too well" Mayla said, making me glare at her.
"Can we not mention that?" I asked politely.
She rolled her eyes but nodded.
"My mum will kill you if you get too drunk, you won't get any blue cookies" she said, making me widen my eyes as she walked off, smirking.
"No, don't do that!" I whined, making my band mates laugh.
"You guys are really close, I'm surprised you guys aren't dating" Issac stated.
I rolled my eyes.
"We're like siblings, it would be weird" I replied.
"Whatever man" Issac said "I'm just saying you would be a cute couple"
I sighed.

*ring!*
"Luke! Can you get the door?" I heard my mum yelled.
"Sure" I yelled back, and then looked at my band mates "I'll be back"
I walked to the door and opened it, only to reveal 3 people I thought would never be here.
"Andy? Nyx? Kristy?" I asked, confused "I thought you guys couldn't come!"
"Well, you're our rising star and our friend so we wanted to celebrate christmas with you" Andy said.
"And I got out of school" Kirsty said "And flew here from New York"
I widen my eyes.
"Well..come in!" I said, moving out the way.
"Hey, Andy!" One techie yelled, making Andy walk over to them to chat.
"Nyx! Over here!" Mayla yelled from the kitchen.
Nyx muttered but walked over to her,making me laugh.
But then everyone went silent.
And then I realise why.
No one has seen me with one of my old band members since the band broke up.
Kristy's hair is now her natural colour of black.
"Um..." Kristy started, realising the situation we were in.
I notice Nyx narrow her eyes.
"She's fine, she's the only one I forgiven" I said "Don't worry, I trust her"
I look at her as everyone started to chat again.
"And I hope you didn't bring anyone else with you" I said darkly "I won't hesitate to hurt them"
Kristy widen her eyes at my response.
"This is my time with my family and I'm not letting some stupid war get in the way of that...nor my career" I whispered "I know it came out rude but I'm not in the right head space at the moment"
Kristy looked at me, worried.
"I'm fine, I promise" I said "you can catch up with people if you want, Mayla's around here somewhere"
Kristy nodded.
"Please tell me if you're not feeling well" she said all a sudden.
"What?" I asked, confused.
"Like with what happened Auckland" she asked, making me freeze.
The thought of Brendon goes into my mind.
I shook my head.
"Nothing happened, I had something in my eye" I lied, turning away from her and walking off.
"Percy" she whispered.
But I walked away.
I can't deal with this now.

"Hey Perce!"
I snapped my head to my band members and smiled.
They're the only ones who can call me that.
I'm slowly letting people use that name again.
Those bad memories are fading.
"Hey!" I exclaimed, walking over to them.
"Play something for us! All you've been doing is writing songs" Hannah whined.
I sighed.
"Come on please!" Derek exclaimed, who is the trumpet player for the tour.
I sighed.
"You do realise it will be all depressing right?" I asked.
"We don't care, we want to hear something you're writing!" Daniel complained.
I sighed.
"Fine" I said "But don't look at me stupid-"

"KRITSY!"
I turned around and saw...my old friends and band members.
Everyone was silent and moved out the way.
I narrowed my eyes and snapped my head at the equally as shocked Kristy.
"You told them!" I snapped angrily.
"No, I didn't even know they were here!" Kristy exclaimed, fearfully.
"Go away, you're not welcome here" Mayla said.
"We are welcome here! We're his band mates!" Luna exclaimed.
"Last time I checked you're not apart of the band and he doesn't need you anymore!" Hannah snapped "Get out or we will call the cops, you're breaking into private property"
"This was our house though" Jake said.
"When you sold the rights of the band to me I got everything; the band name, instruments, songs, and places we owned" I said, stepping out to them "Now, I'm trying to enjoy Christmas with my friends and family so please get out and I'm saying this nicely"
"Percy-"
"Don't call me that!" I snapped, my eyes Probably flashing blue for a second "Only my real friends call me that"
"But we are you-"
"Leave" my mum said.
"Sally?" Annabeth whispered "But-"
"It's fine" I said.
I smirked as an idea came to my head.
"They can stay for a little while, it is Christmas after all" I said and then turned to Hannah "You said you wanted a song right?"
She squealed.
"Hell yes!" She said.
I walked to the piano which was across the room.
Don't judge me, I have a lot of pianos.
I sat on the stool.
"Want to hear about it first or just play it?" I asked.
"If you're doing the song I think you're doing explain it" Kristy said.
I smirked.
"Oh yes I can" I said excitingly, "I can't wait for this one to be on my next album!"
I turned around on the chair.
"This is about you, Luna...and maybe a little bit of Annabeth" I said "This song is about someone who's gone through a toxic relationship, who is finally sobering up and seeing that they're in a bad situation"
I smiled innocently and turned back around to the piano,immediately started playing.

"You talk a lot about me now
But I stay disconnected
I really really learned my lesson
You packed a punch that knocked me down
You use to leave me so damn breathless
The knock to my door, the lock to my necklace
Just talk to me more, I don't care that I'm reckless
My life is pathetic, should I just go, should I just end this?
Miss codependent. You made me believe that our love was endless
And I'm so naive to think that I'm defenseless. I'm stupid and anxious

Can you just shut up, let me finish a sentence
Just let me finish a sentence
Can you just shut up, let me finish a sentence
Just let me finish a sentence
I'm so god damn sick of my heart getting messed with
I can't see shit through your broken intentions
I hope you hurt like hell cause I'm going to heaven
I can't see shit through your broken intentions

I talk a lot about you now
I talked about how I'd forget this
And even though I learned my lesson I am down
The only one to never sleep alone
Is the freedom fun when you turn off your phone?
I guess I'll never know, so just take off your clothes
We can stop at the store
And we can drink til we can't think
So, what are you stopping me for?
Isn't this what you wanted?
Miss Codependent
You made me believe that our love was endless
And I'm so naive to think that I'm defenseless
I'm stupid and anxious

Can you just shut up, let me finish a sentence
Just let me finish a sentence
Can you just shut up, let me finish a sentence
Just let me finish a sentence
I'm so god damn sick of my heart getting messed with
I can't see shit through your broken intentions
I hope you hurt like hell cause I'm going to heaven
I can't see shit through your broken intentions"

My friends and family clapped, making me turn around.
I saw my old friends staring at me with shock.
I chuckled.
"I think you've overstayed your welcome now" I said, "I say it nicely; get the fuck out or I will get the police"
They looked at each other, Luna clearly wanted to stay.
"We'll go" Annabeth said "Thank you"
I looked at her confused.
"For what?" I asked.
"Opening my eyes to my flaws" she replied and walked out the room, the others following her.
Kirsty closed the door behind them.
"Let's party!" One of the guys yelled.
Everyone else cheered with happiness.
I fought a smile.
I love these guys.
And I know they won't betray me.