Chapter 67: Singing a lullaby

A/N As said in pervious chapters, I do not live in America nor watch the talk shows so please forgive me if I get it wrong

Percy/Luke's POV

"May I welcome...Luke Jackson to Jimmy Kimmel live!"

Everyone cheered as I got onto the set, making me subconsciously do the routine of smile and wave. 

I sat down on the couch, and smiled. 

"How are you Luke?" they asked me, making me smile.

"Quiet well today thank you Jimmy" I said.

He nodded.

"Well that is great" Jimmy said "What have you been up to recently Luke?"

I sighed, thinking of what I could say.

"Well, I have a small break between music and filming for my shows" I said "But I am trying to create music videos as everyone was so annoyed about me not creating some for my first album"

"Now why is that, by the way?" Jimmy asked.

"Well, the tour came up quickly, quicker than I expected and I honestly didn't think I would get far" I admitted.

"Well, you are definitely there now!" Jimmy said, making the crowd cheer "Now, is there anything you could tell us on the process of what music videos you are creating" 

I smirked.

"Well, I have been thinking of a few" I said "I am currently working with the creative team for 'Alone' and 'I'll sleep when I am dead'...and finished one which I would love to reveal on your show if that is okay"

Everyone screamed as Jimmy yelled 'Yes, that is fine!' over the crowd.

"Now, showing Luke Jackson's exclusive look at his music video for-"

"Nightmare" I said, watching the small screen to the side as Order and I appeared on the screen.

~After Video~

People cheered, but some were just confused.

"Wow...that was something" Jimmy said, quiet shocked himself, "Would you like to explain the meaning behind it"

I took a shaky breath.

"Well, if people saw my livestream a couple of months ago then they would know that this song, 'Nightmare', has a personal connection to me as I wrote it in a very dark time for myself" I said "And that music video is what I felt like; a demon taunting me, and taking control of me...making me think I am in a nightmare"

I took a second to recover.

"Mental illness is different to different people" I said, looking back at Jimmy, who was listening intently "And people cannot treat it like it is the same for everyone. Mine was like a voice taunting me, telling me what is right and wrong...but another person can just be sad"

Jimmy smiled.

"Well, that was very informative Luke" Jimmy said "I am quiet surprised you have not been selected for representing mental illness for a company"

I chuckled.

"Just you wait, now it's going to happen" I joked, making some people laugh.

"Well" Jimmy said, looking at the camera, "Before Luke goes for the night, he will perform a song never heard before...is that correct?"

I nodded.

"It has not been heard" I said "And I won't be doing it alone"

Everyone screamed, confused and excited for the performance.

"You like surprising your fans don't you?" Jimmy asked as I stood up.

"Well, I love keeping them on the edge" I said as I was handed an acoustic guitar.

I walked over to the performance area, standing in front of a mic stand.

Everyone was silent, waiting for me to start.

I started to play, hoping my friend will start her part.

"When the shadows unfold
When the sun hides its gold
When the wind and the cold come calling" the girl sung, making me turn to her as she walked on. Everyone screamed, excited for this person to sing. 
"When the path isn't clear
And the stars disappear
As an endless midnight's falling"

I smiled, reassuring her.

"At the edge of the sky

There's a moon hanging high
When you're lost
It'll try to remind you" I sung as the girl stood next to me.

I turned to her as I noticed a panicked look.

'It's okay Ava, you have this' I said in my mind, which went into hers.

"On a dark desert night

You can look to the light
Cause it's shining there
To find you" she sung, more confidently.

"Desert moon light the way
Till the dark turns to day
Like a lamp in the lonely night
Bright and blue
Desert moon
Wild and free
Will it burn just for me?" we sung, looking each other in the eyes.

"Shine down" she sung.

"Shine down" I sung, smiling.

"Till I find my way to you" we sung.

I continued to play, smiling lovingly at her.

She blushed, making me chuckle lightly.

"At the edge of the sky
There's a moon hanging high
When you're lost you can try the view" I sung.

"'Cause it waits for you there
And if you see it too" we sung together.

"I can find my way" Ava sung, very strong.

"I can find my way" I sung. 

"I can find my way
To you" We sung, everyone clapping and cheering as we finished.

We both bowed, myself standing up and then letting Ava bow.

"Luke Jackson singing 'Desert Moon' with Ava Taylor" Jimmy said "We will now have an ad break, thank you for tuning in for Jimmy Kimmel Live!"

The lights brighten, making Ava hug me, making me chuckle.

"You did amazing" I said, my mic finally off.

"You too" Ava said, her mic off as well.

"I am proud of you" I whispered, making her blush.

"T-Thank you" she said "But never again"

"But-"

"My talent is in the courtroom Luke, you know that" Ava said, making me sigh.

"You're right, as all ways" I said, kissing her forehead "As long as you're-"

"Jackson! you're in the way of the set change!"

"Opps" I said "Let's get going"

I ran off stage, my guitar strapped onto my back and pulling Ava's arm.