Chapter 7

"Thank you, Ratchet...for repairing me" Entropy softly said to the mech as he finished up his workings on Entropy's frame.

"It's my duty" Ratchet returned as he moved all his tools back to their places and informed the golden mech that he could sit up now.

Looking over, Entropy spotted Optimus leaning against a wall in deep thought. Not wanting to distract the mech he sighed quietly and looked at his pedes.

"When are the others arriving?" Entropy asked Ratchet as the mech continued tidying everything.

"Not for a while. The humans are at school" Ratchet answered continuing on what he was doing before he heard Entropy hum making him look at the golden mech.

"I'm assuming 'school' is similar to the academy's on Cybertron?" The purple optic mech questioned, Ratchet nodding with a bit of a blue hue on his cheek plating.

Entropy hummed again before pushing himself onto his pedes and walking out into the more open area.

"Entropy, hang on" Ratchet called causing both him and the Autobot leader to focus on him, "Your Energon levels are low, you have to refuel".

Entropy observed in amusement as Ratchet walked up to him with an Energon cube, the golden mech thanking Ratchet as he carefully took it.

"Optimus...Do you perhaps have the...the prophecy of Unicron's return?" Entropy asked the Autobot leader who hummed in thought before shaking his helm.

"Not currently, unfortunately" He answered making Entropy sigh as he continued sipping on his Energon cube.

"By the way, Optimus, Ive been meaning to ask" The golden mech began, his purple optics brighten in curiosity, "Which Prime did you study under?".

Optimus was slightly taken aback by the question but knew that Entropy was familiar with each Prime and would at some point ask him about his mentor.

"My mentor was Alpha Trion, the Archivist of Iacon" The blue and red bot answered, both he and Ratchet being taken aback when Entropy did a spit take.

Both mechs looked at the golden mech as he coughed a few times and regained his bearings, offering both of them apologetic looks.

"I apologize for my reaction, I was not expecting Alpha Trion to be your mentor" Entropy admitted with a small smile.

"Who did you expect?" Ratchet questioned with curiosity.

"I believed either Prima or Micronus to be your mentor" The golden mech muttered, a servo resting on his chin as he attempted to figure out where he went wrong.

"What were they like?" Ratchet asked, watching Entropy finish and dispose the Energon cube before he turned to the medic.

"The Primes? They...were powerful and intelligent" Entropy breathed before rubbing the neck of his neck plating, "But we were trying to offline one another, doesn't give you the chance to get to properly know each other".

"What about after the war? The way Alpha Trion talked of you sounded like he had 'properly' met you" Optimus questioned using his own words.

Entropy chuckled lightly before shrugging, "After was a different story...I had been exiled and just floated above Cybertron observing it grow...Micronus and Alpha Trion were regular visitors but at that point I still didn't have my own free will".

That statement caused the whole base to go silent. Both Autobots were thinking relatively the same thing.

'It must have been hard to have no free will'