Chapter 39

Awakening this time was definitely more painful than his previous countless times.

Was it because his frame had been almost destroyed protecting Optimus from the total and utter destruction of their base?

Or from having disobeyed one of the most powerful deities to his own being?

Either way, Entropy didn't care much, it was just the fact that he could hear Ratchet begging for him to return...

Yet, he couldn't bring himself to return only to fight with him again.

It seemed like that was all they were doing as of late, and he absolutely loathed it.

Loathed the fact that fighting came so naturally to him.

Almost to the point where he would rather be doing that than be in an awkward or embarrassing predicament, and there were a lot of those when being loving with Ratchet.

He loved Ratchet, how could he not?

Entropy was more than a couple hundred thousand eons old, and only Ratchet had ever seen him as him or even tried to help him learn in anything.

Science came naturally to him, fighting as well and even being a lower-classed medic by experience.

Even taking another's life...it was so natural, coded into his very being...that he was absolutely terrified of hurting Ratchet.

And yet, the white and red mech insisted on never being afraid of him...Actually loving him and willingly teaching him in certain topics.

He was eternally grateful to Ratchet for not only saving him a servo full of times but teaching him, listening to him and showing him how one should be treated no matter who their past makes them.

"E-ph-..." A cool sort of breeze floated by as the golden mech continued to stay sitting in his own sort of realm.

He knew who the voice belonged to...How could he not?

It was no mystery as to where his frame was or its situation either.

Ratchet inevitably would have repaired his frame to the best of his capabilities before staying practically glued to his side where Optimus would have to force him to attain sustenance and recharge.

Running that scene through his processor always resulted in Entropy cracking a loving smile.

He loved Ratchet, from the absolute purest reaches of his spark.

"En-y-..." Rolling by again slowly, the breeze hanging around the unfocused golden mech longer than it had anywhere else.

Now that he could enter Cybertron without fearing that he could be forced to leave Ratchet, he had no reason, other than his charges and the family he had made, to stay on Earth when everything blew over.

The war with the Decepticons wouldn't last forever, he knew this.

And with Optimus Prime as his leader, he knew the Autobots would never give up willingly.

"Thro-py...." The sound caught the golden mech's attention, having finally taken him out of his sort of trance.

Not long now till he would awaken...he only hoped that Ratchet would still be there when he did.

-Ratchet's PoV-

Darkmount had been toppled, Optimus having achieved said feat with his new upgrades.

Agent Fowler allowed us to take up residence in a few of his military compounds.

An area even completely for my medical belongings and tools.

After we had all regrouped, both Optimus and Smokescreen warned me to brace for the worse.

I had no idea that it would be as...horrifying and spark breaking as it was.

Optimus had arrived with Entropy, he had informed that to keep him online, that the golden mech had used his own frame to take on the force of the blast.

Entropy's frame had barely any armour on it...the protoform torn and leaking.

I had repaired all the protoform's wounds and got to work on Entropy's armour but there was not much I could do.

It was only till approximately a week later that suddenly he had healed, even a glossy finish to his golden armour.

But...that was 2 months ago.

2 months and he had still yet to awaken and despite knowing he was online, knowing that he had been healed by Primus and the Primes...We were all beginning to lose hope.

SunPaw had it the worst however.

Despite having effectively shut his bond with his minicon before the blast, the poor lion-shaped femme had felt it...the intense heat and pain her Master had gone through.

She had a very hard time accepting that there was an incredibly slim chance of the golden mech returning from the event.

And luckily that slim chance broadened.

All I could hope for know, was that whatever was stopping him from returning...Left him alone to return to me.