Chapter 41

Entropy nodded towards Optimus's command and transformed into his dragon form, shrinking quite a bit so he wasn't so noticeable.

Optimus hummed before he activated his new upgrade before the pair left for the Decepticon mine.

"Below us" Optimus informed Entropy who allowed a gentle growl slip past his dermas in acknowledgement.

The pair then dove down and landed at the mouth of a rather small sized cave.

Optimus groaned at the observation before he transformed to his alternate mode and entered, stopping and waiting for Entropy.

Entropy also transformed to his alt mode and also shrunk a little bit before following after the Prime.

Once the cave was wide enough, Entropy came up to Optimus's side and realised they were coming up on a group of Insecticons.

"Abandon the excavation...Now" Optimus ordered the group who all turned to the pair.

"Attack!" The leader of the group exclaimed, Optimus and Entropy powered forwards.

Optimus fired several missiles which wiped out 3 Insecticons before Entropy collided into 2 Insecticons and offlined them.

Optimus then transformed to his bipedal form and offlined another Insecticon before Entropy transversed in his bipedal form and threw the last one into the opposite wall of the mine.

The Insecticon snarled at Entropy who allowed a growl to slip past his dermas before dodging the Insecticon as it lunged for him.

Before Entropy could retaliate, the Insecticon had transformed and escaped the mine.

"Hold your position" Optimus ordered, Entropy sighing in slight defeat before turning to observe Optimus pull a predacon remain from a small hole.

"Let us return to base with our findings" The Prime spoke, the golden mech nodding and transversing them both to the base.

"Optimus, did you find Energon?" Ratchet quickly questioned as Entropy sighed and found his own spot in the new and smaller base.

"No but we did uncover this" The red and blue Prime returned as he placed the predacon remain on the desk for Ratchet to examine.

"It cannot be" Ratchet muttered as he neared it and examined it.

"Be what?" Jack questioned from the railing above them all.

"Remains of a Predacon" Entropy answered, the Autobots, excluding Ratchet and Optimus, turning to him with amazement before staring at the remains.

"Though it remains unclear why such a skull was found on your planet its presence reveals all too much about the Preadon which Megatron recently sent in pursuit of us" Ratchet stated, Entropy looking at him and examining him for any injuries in worry.

"You mean that dragon bot we put on ice?" Miko questioned curiously.

"Except that Predacon have been extinct since, well...since before..." Ratchet trailed off.

"Most life began on Cybertron" Smokescreen spoke, filling in the blank for Ratchet.

"They're like Earth's dinosaurs" Raf observed in awe.

"Which means for you guys, running into one would be like us meeting a T-Rex" Jack added, now at Raf's side.

"So, then what were Dinobots?" Miki questioned confused.

"It's totally different" Bulkhead returned with an arm wave.

"With Megatron's seeming new interested in the excavation of prehistoric skeletons and a certain scientist back among the Decepticon ranks-" Ratchet spoke piquing Entropy's attention as he listened more intently to the conversation.

"It would stand to reason that Shockwave cloned the beast from one such find" Optimus concluded.

"And now Megatron's looking to clone another" Ultra Magnus theorised, keeping in processor that they had just prevented a group of Decepticons acquiring another remain.

Entropy listened to the group, standing to his pedes when Smokescreen brought up the important question of how Predacon remains came to Earth.

"That answer is fault of Megatron" He stated, the Autobots and humans looking up at him.

"What do you mean?" Sam questioned confused.

"That those remain are not of a true Predacon...but rather another clone. Megatron sent an army here after the first fleet of Autobots arrived on this planet" The golden mech explained, the Autobots each sucking in breaths.

"How do you know all of this?" Jack and Carly asked Entropy who sighed quietly.

"Because, this is not the first time I have ever journeyed Earth...And eons ago, Shockwave and I were at each other's throats" He answered solemnly, certain memories returning.

"Seriously?" Miko and Smokescreen exclaimed as Entropy nodded, crossing his arms over his chassis.

"Fortunately, if he has been thrown into play, all his inventions he created to detain myself will now no longer work" He smirked lightly, Ratchet moving closer to him.

"Explain" The CMO stated with a concerned and slightly angry voice making Entropy's optic snap to his.

"U-Uh...I-I no longer have dark Energon...and his inventions needed my dark Energon to work" He explained making Ratchet sigh.

"Then we are fortunate then" Optimus commented, noticing how tense Ratchet and Entropy were.

Entropy hummed before feeling a wave of tiredness roll over him, his optics dulling slightly.

"Well, it appears I am no longer of assistance. I will be in my quarters if I am needed" The golden mech stated before transversing onto his berth with a deep sigh.

Entropy couldn't prevent himself from bringing up old memories and going through them all.

"Entropy?" A voice called from the door, the large mech shifting to see Ratchet standing there.

Entropy allowed a small smile to lift his dermas before gesturing for the smaller mech to enter his berthroom.

Ratchet did so and moved over to the berth awkwardly making Entropy roll his optics before grabbing his mid section and pulling him onto the berth beside him with a chuckle.

"A little warning would have been appreciated" Ratchet growled making the golden mech chuckle more.

"Apologies, Ratchet" He grinned, placing a feather-light kiss on his cheek.

"What is on your processor?" Entropy asked gently, having watched Ratchet stare absentmindedly at him for several minutes.

Ratchet's optics moved to his own before he moved closer, placing his dermas on Entropy's.

Entropy's optics widened in surprise before he began to relax, even moving Ratchet's frame closer to his own.

When the pair broke, they both had a loving expression on their face plates.

"I-I was processing...well, we have all had to slow down a lot to become accustomed to Earth...and I-I was wondering if we could try t-to..." Ratchet trailed off, a dust of blue over his cheeks as Entropy caught on.

"Y-You want to sparkmate...w-with me?" He questioned, his insecurities wrapping itself around him.

Ratchet nodded before placing his dermas back onto Entropy's, melting the blanket of insecurities around the golden mech.

Entropy grunted when Ratchet moved on top of him, sitting on his mid section with their chassis rubbing together.

"H-How d-do you sp-sparkma-mate?" Entropy asked quietly after they broke apart.

Ratchet smirked down at his counterpart, his limited knowledge in this department making the dangerous mech so much more adorable and fascinating to him.

"Like this..."