Chapter 31

"Arachnid, I swear to Primus, you better leave my charges alone" Entropy snarled, having commed the femme as he placed in the hallway of the base.

"Who says I'm chasing them to begin with?" Arachnid returned, confusion laced in her tone making the golden meh pause.

"Entropy? What's wrong?" Ratchet questioned, having been watching the mech.

"If you're not chasing them...then who is?" Entropy muttered, Ratchet's optics widening as they both froze.

"How should I know? I do not even know where your little pets reside" Arachnid mused before Entropy cut the call.

"If it's not Arachnid after Sam and Carly, there's only one other spider-based Cybertronian that I know of..." Entropy thought aloud before trailing off, his optics widening in fear.

"Who, Entropy? Who is it?" Ratchet questioned worriedly.

"Arthro..." The golden mech muttered before he received a comms call.

"Yes?" He answered before freezing to the sound of laughter.

"Now, is that any way to answer an old friend?" The mech on the other end mused.

"What do you want, Arthro? Endangering my charges is a very effective method to anger me, you should know that" Entropy growled over his comms, Ratchet walking over to try and comfort him.

"You know, the usual" Arthro answered, his voice a deep and rough tone.

"I will never hand my spark over to you for the purpose of science" Entropy returned firmly, pacing again before he froze at the sound of Carly's screams and Sam yelling.

"Now, now...It appears I have a bargaining chip, two actually, compared to the last time" Arthro grinned as Entropy swallowed the lump in his throat, shrinking to Ratchet's height.

"If I meet with you, can we come to a deal?" Entropy asked quietly, Ratchet scolding him for such an idea.

"Sure, if you make it in time" Arthro concluded before he ended the call.

"Entropy, you cannot seriously be thinking of handing yourself over" Ratchet scolded, surprised Entropy would even muse the thought.

"Arthro has my charges, Ratchet. Even if I have to lay down my weapons, I have to keep them safe from harm" The golden mech returned, placing his dermas on Ratchets before he transversed to the coordinates Arthro had just sent him.

"I'm here...Let them go, now" Entropy growled, having returned to his normal height.

"Tsk, Tsk...Surely you didn't believe it to be that easy, Entropy?" The Spider/Scorpion shaped mech grinned as he stood in his bipedal form with a servo tapping his other arm.

Entropy stayed silent, glaring the smaller mech down.

"Oh? What's that? You've joined with the Autobots? How adorable!" The crazed mech laughed as Entropy spotted Sam and Carly sitting high up in a tree's limb.

Immediately, Entropy noticed the blood coated clothes, the scratches and grazes along the pairs body and the torn up shirt of Carly.

Entropy allowed his dentae to show as he snarled at Arthro, the black and yellow mech smirking at the sight.

"What do you want? And make it quick before I finally decide to be rid of you!" The golden mech snarled, slipping into Cybertronian.

"Like you deduced before, Entropy...All I want is for you to allow me to use your spark in some...tests" Arthro answered, having difficulty in finding the right words.

"I will never willingly give you my spark!" Entropy snarled before he bared his sword and went to attack the smirking mech.

Before he could hit the black and yellow mech, an incredibly strong and sticky substances was shot at his servo connecting him to a tree trunk, his other servo joining it's predicament.

"Excellent shots, Arachnid" Arthro mused, the femme appearing from the foliage above Arthro.

"Why, thank you, couldn't have planned it better" Arachnid smirked as Entropy growled at the pair.

"Have you got my tools?" Arthro asked the femme who simply nodded with a smirk, pulling a few tools form her subspace and handing them to the mech.

"Excellent..." Arthro drawled before dodging an enfuriated Entropy as transversed and attack him.

Entropy groaned in surprise when Arachnid entangled him amongst several trees again.

Before Entropy could transverse again, Arthro injected him with a orange liquid which mixed with the dark Energon in Entropy's frame.

Entropy groaned in pain, his optics dulling as his neon purple biolights mixed with orange.

"He won't go anywhere now" Arthro smirked before turning to the two humans watching in fear at the scene.

"You're guardian will be nothing but an empty husk after we are through with him" The black and yellow mech drawled before he receive a fist to his faceplates.

Arthro took several pedesteps back, a servo clutching at his face plates as Arachnid dodged a barrage of blaster fire.

The pair groaned when they were hit several times before they both transformed, Arthro transforming into a Scorpion, and retreated.

"Entropy!" Optimus called, he, Bumblebee, Arcee, Smokescreen and Bulkhead all running closer.

Entropy tried to stay conscious, his optics dimming as he attempted to look up at Optimus.

"Quickly, retrieve Samuel and Carly!" Optimus ordered Arcee and Bumblebee, Bulkhead helping in cut Entropy down where Optimus supported him.

"Ratchet, we require an immediate groundbridge...Entropy is in need of immediate medical attention"  Optimus spoke over his comm system grimly.

Before Optimus could even finish his sentence, a groundbridge had appeared and Ratchet ran through.

"Get him to the medical berth now!" He yelled, optics wide at seeing orange instead of the neon purple colour of the golden mechs biolights.

Optimus quickly pulled the semi-conscious mech through to the medical berth where he placed him down and stepped back, Ratchet quickly hooking him up to his machines.

The CMO then took an Energon sample and read the results, cursing afterwards.

"What is it, old friend?" Optimus asked from his spot as Ratchet quickly grabbed the IL-Drip and hooked it to Entropy.

"Whatever is inside his lines is attacking his system! It's offlining him and I do not even have the faintest idea of what it is!" Ratchet exclaimed distraughtly.

"R-Ra..." The golden mech muttered, his optics desperately trying to locate the white and red mech through the intense blue.

"Entropy, I'm here...I need you to open your chest plates for me...I need to make sure none of this substance has reached your spark" Ratchet returned gently yet worriedly.

Entropy swallowed his fear and slowly opened his chest plates, Ratchet immediately cursing at the sight of purple and blue mixed with orange.