Chapter 36

"Entropy, remain at base untill further notice" Optimus Prime ordered the golden mech as the team of Autobots stood at the entrance of a newly modified groundbridge.

"Understood" Entropy returned as he glanced at the repaired Star Saber in the Prime's servo.

Whilst Ratchet and Entropy stood out of their way, the rest of team Prime ran through the space bridge and onto Cybertron.

Ratchet hesitantly closed the bridge once he knew they were through and kept near the computers incase a call came through.

Entropy placed himself in his usual seating, the crates in the corner of the area.

"You didn't seam too fond of the Star Saber...I can understand though" Ratchet spoke after a while, Entropy humming as he looked up to catch Ratchet's cyan optics looking at him.

"Prima wielded the Star Saber very much like you and your wrenches" The golden mech returned making Ratchet shake his helm in amusement.

Entropy continued to look at Ratchet as he placed, genuinely concerned for the well-being of the team before he placed too close to the golden mech and was pulled into his frame with a surprised yelp.

"Stop pacing..." Entropy muttered, his tone between playful and annoyed.

Ratchet stayed quiet, his processor returning to everything that could go wrong.

Sensing the CMO's processing, Entropy placed a warm and gentle kiss on Ratchet temple bringing him back to reality with a blush.

"Our comrades will be fine, Ratchet" The golden mech assured before placing another kiss on Ratchet temple on the opposite side of his helm.

"It is a little difficult to not process worst case scenarios...when they're on our home planet galaxies away with an army of Decepticons!" Ratchet exclaimed, his arms thrown about in emphasis.

Entropy stayed silent before he almost silently exhaled, his optics narrowing on Ratchet ever so slightly that the CMO only just was able to notice.

"Your home planet...I am still exiled from Cybertron" The golden mech corrected making Ratchet go silent before he muttered a meaningful apology.

"Besides, how do you know you are still exiled? The Primes are all offlined, exempt Optimus of course" The CMO questioned, moving back to Entropy as the golden mech watched him.

"I do not, but surely Primus or the Primes would have said otherwise" Entropy returned before sighing and deciding to throw the topic out of their conversation.

"Even if I could return to Cybertron, I have no reason to...Just old memories of war" He muttered distantly before he felt Ratchet place a kiss on the edge of his dermas.

"Oh, is that so? Cybertron is my home after all, you could always come with me" Ratchet spoke with both amusement and a small blush.

Entropy stayed silent as he stared into the CMO's cyan optics before sighing and placing his dermas on Ratchets, taking the kiss Ratchet teased previously.

"If the "government" is anything like it was in the past, I will not be allowed 8 galaxies near Cybertron anyway" The golden mech muttered distastefully causing Ratchet to look at him in confusion.

"How did you know-?" Ratchet began before Entropy cut him off with a small laugh.

"I have always been close enough to keep an optic on you all" Entropy smiled before they both looked up at the sound of the base receiving a call.

Almost immediately, Ratchet was answering with the Prime's designation in question.

"Uh, no Ratchet, Is something wrong cause schools been out for almost an hour and no one showed to pick us up" Jack returned, his tone confused and worried.

"That is because the entire team is rather indisposed at the moment. I suggest you obtain an alternative method of transport" Ratchet informed pointedly.

"What's he saying?" Entropy heard Miko question over the call making him amusedly roll his optics.

"The bots are busy" Jack summarised.

"Tell Ratchet to come get us, not like he has anything else to do!" Milo snapped, fully aware that Ratchet could hear her through the phone.

"Just go home! I will be in touch later" The CMO returned before ending the call.

"I could go and retrieve them" Entropy commented from his spot as Ratchet turned to him.

"They'd be safer at their own homes than here...I don't need them running around whilst we're trying to concentrate on the mission either" Ratchet argued, Entropy humming agreement.

Both mechs stayed silent for a while, Ratchet went back to pacing in front of the computers whilst Entropy observed.

Quickly though, Entropy began feeling antsy, like he needed to go outside the base and go for a drive...or fly.

Without even noticing, he had begun bouncing one of his pedes on the floor alerting Ratchet.

"Entropy...What's wrong?" The CMO questioned, walking over confusedly.

"I do not know, Ratchet, I just feel the need to get out of base..." Entropy trailed off, his optics looking distantly at the ground as he tried to discover the reasoning behind his sudden antsiness.

Ratchet thought for a moment before he had a sudden realisation.

Entropy had just undergone a significant change, an additional transformation for his T-Cog.

One that was an airborne transformation.

And whilst Entropy could previously stay held up in the base for several weeks without the need to go outside...Now he might have to go outside of the base regularly to avoid driving himself insane.

With a sigh, Ratchet began to laugh lightly before he grabbed the mechs arm and dragged him over to the groundbridge.

Ratchet quickly put in the same coordinates as the previous day before turning to Entropy.

"Seekers generally have to use their alternate mode for a period of time regularly to avoid going insane...Your case may be no different, I fear, but it is easy to solve" The CMO explained, Entropy soon realising as well his predicament.

With a forced sigh, the golden mech nodded to Ratchet and trudged through the groundbridge.