Chapter 26

"They are the Decepticons...they will discover a method to efficiently restore their ship" Entropy spoke, Bulkhead going on about how he grounded the Decepticon warship.

The golden mech continued to listen to the rambling Autobots, Ratchet and Optimus leaving to collect the spark extractor.

After a little while, Entropy was forced to his knee plating, a foreign and aggressive presence entering his processor.

"Ratchet! Optimus!" Bumblebee yelled, said mechs runnings into the area to observe Entropy on the ground with his servos clasped around his helm.

"Entropy? What's wrong?" Ratchet questioned, crouching down beside the golden mech.

"Ugh...That method...they've found it" Entropy groaned, his voice deeper than it usual is.

Whilst Entropy kept to the ground, battling an internal battle, the computers in front of him began going off.

"Optimus, I'm detecting a massive energy spike at the Decepticon crash site...It appears to be dark Energon" Ratchet informed, casting a worried glance over at Entropy.

"We need to end this...before the craft is permitted to adventure on its own" Entropy growled, forcing himself to stand and give a firm look to Optimus who nodded in agreement.

"Entropy! You're not nearly able to go and fight! Not with that thing in your head!" Carly exclaimed from beside the children, Sam included.

"I will be fine! Destroying that ship is priority!" Entropy growled before transversing to see the Decepticon warship begin accending.

The Autobots and humans stood silent for a few seconds before Ratchet and Optimus turned to one another.

"What? What's wrong?" Sam questioned, catching the looks the pair gave one another.

"It appears that the dark Energon is affecting Entropy more than he believes" Optimus answered before he turned to Ratchet.

"The sky blue ring in his optics disappeared after the spike occured" The CMO explained.

"Meaning?" Jack and Sam both asked worriedly.

"Entropy is internally fighting with himself...and if he is low on dark Energon, I fear that he will lose" Ratchet concluded.

Entropy growled to himself, the pile of boulders he was resting against being slowly chipped away by the laser beams of the Nemesis.

"Entropy!" Optimus yelled, himself and the others, except Ratchet, all appearing from a groundbridge.

"Draw it's fire!" The Prime ordered, Entropy nodded and leaping into a run with Arcee and Bulkhead to draw the Nemesis's fire.

Entropy continued transversing around, dodging each blast, slowing down to witness Bumblebee hit by a stasis beam.

"Fragging Pits!" Entropy growled, Arcee and Bulkhead getting hit as well.

"Optimus, look out!" Entropy yelled, the Nemesis taking the Prime's surprise as an opportunity to strike.

Quickly transversing in front of Optimus, the golden mech was immediately thrown to the ground.

"Ugh..." He groaned, his vision disorientated as he watched Optimus grab the spark extractor from a frozen bulkhead before being struck as well.

With difficulty, Entropy stood to his pedes before transversing in time to dodge another beam.

The growls and threats in the back of his processor kept him unfocused as he looked up to the Nemesis.

Gaining an idea, the golden mech began transversing rapidly, making a beeline for the spark extractor laying near Optimus.

Just as Entropy was about to reach down and grab hold, the Nemesis read his thoughts and fired precisely where he was about to transverse.

With an incredible surprise, Entropy was left frozen, his frame making impact harshly and creating a dust cloud.

Time seemed to slow down as Fowler updated Ratchet on the group's situation, said bot coming through after it was safe to do so.

"By the Allspark..." Ratchet muttered before deciding it best to haul the bots through the groundbridge to the base.

Entropy grumbled internally to himself, angry with himself for allowing his processor to be so easily read.

"Entropy..." The golden mech heard, focusing on Ratchet who was trying to figure out a way to get the tallest mech through to base.

Before too long, Cliffjumper bursted out of the groundbridge, his red paint missing in places.

"Lemme help, Ratch!" He exclaimed, transforming and holding his breath when the CMO swiped at him with a wrench.

Ratchet groaned when he watched the wrench move through the intangible mech.

"How are you going to lift him?" Ratchet questioned incredulously.

"Like this" Cliffjumper returned, lifting the frozen mech up with lots of difficulty.

Ratchet stay frozen for a minute, confused on how Cliffjumper just picked up the golden mech before something clicked in his processor.

"Dark Energon" He muttered before returning to base.

"They're alive but I've never encountered this form of stasis lock" Ratchet informed the humans after scanning the 5 Cybertronians.

"The cons are crossing the Atlantic! Making a beeline for North America!" Agent Fowler exclaimed, the children, Sam and Carly each rising an eyebrow.

"Wait, we can track them?" Jack questioned.

"Why aren't they cloaked like usual?" Raf added, Sam humming as he stood at Entropy's pedes.

"This doesn't make sense! The Cons had Fowler in their sights! Why didn't they take the opportunity?" He exclaimed incredibly confused.

"They even bailed on that spark extractor thingy!" Miko agreed.

"Well, if the ship isn't cloaked, maybe the communication relay is open" Jack wondered, an idea brightening in his mind.

"Are you suggesting that we just call Megatron? And ask him what is happening up there?" Ratchet questioned, the idea sounding crazy to him.

The CMO then watched as each and every human shrugged before sighing and attempting to call only to be connected to the Nemesis itself before it hung up rudely.