Chapter 40

The slow whir of a fan awakened Ratchet at the ungodly hour of the morning.

Looking up, the first thing he noticed was that he could hear the fan still whirring, even gaining volume ever so slowly.

Following it, his cyan optics hit Entropy's frame laying several centimeters in front of him on the medical berth.

Ratchet ran through several possibilities, checking over every piece of equipment he had hooked up to the golden mech. 

With an incredibly confused expression, Ratchet, without thinking, placed a servo on Entropy's frame only to wrench it away as quick as cybertronianly possible.

"By the Allspark!" He exclaimed, painfully holding his burnt servo.

"Optimus! Something's wrong with Entropy! I need you here ASAP!" The CMO yelled into his coms as Entropy began to writhe in the medical berth.

Optimus soon ran into the area and observed in shock as Entropy arched in agony, a silent yell leaving the golden mech.

The red and blue Prime went to go and restrain him but was quickly stopped by Ratchet who informed his leader of the temperature of Entropy's frame.

"We need to figure out what is causing him so much pain so I can stop it!" Ratchet informed Optimus who nodded.

Before the pair could even move, SunPaw bolted into the room and stopped at Ratchet's side.

"No, stop! Master Ratchet, Optimus, there is nothing we can do for Master Entropy" The lion minicon stated, both mechs tuning to her like she had grown another helm.

 "He is in pain, SunPaw! We cannot stand idle and watch!" Ratchet exclaimed before cursing as SunPaw stepped in front of him to prevent him from moving.

"Master Entropy ordered me to keep you safe! And right now, he is unpredictable and could harm you!" SunPaw yelled through unshed tears, her frame shaking.

"SunPaw..." Ratchet trailed off as he observed the usually bubbly and adventurous minicon lean into his frame and sob quietly.

Ratchet held SunPaw close to him, watching as Entropy began calming down.

Optimus stayed where he was as Entropy's frame stopped moving and his breathing became regulated again.

Checking that everybot was safe, the Prime quietly let back for his berthroom to rest.

"Ugh..." The golden mech groaned, his optics opening slowly before he bit back a string of curses and the urge to pin whatever had just wrapped itself around him.

After some time, his hearing became clear as well as his vision, allowing him to see both Ratchet and SunPaw embracing him, both leaking fluid.

Once he had regained control of his arms, he draped them over the pair and pulled them onto the berth so they laid practically on him, his frame no longer a boiling temperature.

"Entropy, what are you doing? You need to rest!" Ratchet began scolding, the golden mech's dermas turning into a small smile.

"I'll r-res-st soo...soon" Entropy returned, his voice like static from not having used it in several months.

Before the CMO could protest, despite being incredibly joyful, Entropy stopped him with a loving kiss.

"I-I'm...fin-ine, Ra...Ratch-chet" The golden mech muttered as they separated, Ratchet now staring at him in amazement.

SunPaw quietly scoffed but continued to snuggle into her Master's frame making him chuckle before patting her helm.

"Tha...Th-ank you...SunPaw" He spoke, SunPaw smiling at him before licking up his faceplates and jumping off the berth.

"Oi!...Pai-ainful-ul mu-tt..." Entropy muttered, Ratchet laughing lightly as the femme minicon left the area.

The golden mech sighed as Ratchet tightened his embrace lightly, still laughing lightly.

"Ho-ow...long wa-s I ou-out fo-or...?" Entropy asked quietly, cringing as his voice processor still attempted to refamiliarize itself with talking.

Ratchet stayed silent, tightening his embrace on Entropy before he sighed.

"2 and a half months" The CMO whispered, a few tears leaking from his optics.

"R-ratch-chet..." Entropy called as he moved the smaller mech so he could see his face plates and kiss away his tears.

"I-I am...in pe-erfect hea-ealth" The golden mech stated before he felt Ratchet push away from him.

"But you weren't 2 months ago! That blast destroyed nearly all of your armour and tore through your protoform like a human cake!" Ratchet argued, Entropy freezing at his outburst.

"Wh-Why did you have to sacrifice yourself?" The CMO murmured, burying his helm into the golden mechs chassis.

Entropy exhaled lightly, the answer coming easily to him, " Be-cau-ause it...wa-as the ri-ight thi...thing to do-don't".

Ratchet sighed as he accepted the answer before he looked up at Entropy's faceplates to see his sky blue optics already observing him.

The golden mech allowed a small smile to appear on his dermas before he pulled Ratchet into a passionate kiss.

Both mechs stayed like that for several minutes before seperating with relieved expressions.

"Pri-mus...I lo-ove you..." Entropy murmured as he pulled Ratchet against his frame.

"I love you as well, Entropy" Ratchet returned before they both began to slowly slip into recharge.