STARK'S SON

Natasha had noticed a few things about the famous Billionaire, Tony Stark, and at first couldn't make sense of them. He often stayed at the tower late into the evening instead of going to his mansion. When asked he lied, saying he spent the night in with Pepper when she got off her shift but she was known for occasionally working late or going on business trips. Natasha even found a few random pieces of Lego under the sofa on the Avengers floor, luckily far away from her step. 

She had immediately assumed the man just liked playing with Lego and was finally doing work for his company until she heard the name 'Peter' when Tony was talking on the phone. Whoever this 'Peter' was, he'd never been mentioned in any conversation Tony had had for the last few years with anyone. Could Peter be a secret experiment in S.H.I.E.L.D, possibly a code word for a weapon or something even worse?

This resulted in Natasha and Clint staying behind after hours, hidden in the ventilation system of the Tower, until Stark thought all of his team members had gone home. The duo overheard the billionaire on the phone but could only hear parts of the conversation due to their distance away and the man talking in a softer voice. Even if he thought he was alone in the building he was still cautious out of habit.

"Yes, they're all gone... she's working late... left his stuff here... he'll be fine... be here in five?... bye." Tony slid his StarkPhone back into the pocket of his suit then brought out a small red and blue box. It had spider-web patterns decorated on the lid and a spider shaped child proof lock to keep Clint out. He placed the box on the coffee table in front of the sofa and read through his emails inbox on his wrist watch until JARVIS alerted him.

"Sir, Peter has arrived with Agent May, what would you like me to do?" The AI called out while the spies silently shifted closer to their 'target', anxious to see who the mystery Peter was.

"Send them up as usual, JARVIS." Tony called up to his ceiling, a smile starting to form on his face.

"Of course Sir." JARVIS went completely silent after that, in fact the entire floor was silent until the elevator dinged. The second its doors opened a brown haired four year old in a red and blue onesie rushed out, ran across the room then jumping into Stark's awaiting arms.

"Daddy!" The kid giggled and wrapped his tiny, chubby arms around the other Stark's chest while his dad messed up his brown curls. The child was in an Iron Man onesie, the hood of which had fallen back from his running as fast as he could, and there was a small smudge of chocolate on his cheek from his snack. Tony wiped it away with his thumb, pretending he hadn't spotted evidence of the kids secret snack.

Natasha grabbed Clint's arm and shook him "Are you seeing what i'm seeing" She hissed quietly and Clint nodded even though he wasn't sure if this wasn't a strange dream of some sort.

"So, Peter, what are we playing with today?" Tony helped his son down so the bow was within his grasp

"Lego!" The kid squealed and jumped up and down in excitement. Tony chuckled and took the lid of Peters special box, tipping the pieces onto the table top. Peters tiny hands grabbed the blocks, piling them up to make a 3D spider. Surprisingly, the little kid was very imaginative and managed to build something almost cartoon like.

Tony watched in amusement as Peter involuntary pouted when balancing the bricks without slotting them together. It was extremely likely that they would fall over but the toddler didn't care, he was perfectly content doing his own thing. 

Out of nowhere he stopped, his hands hovering over the small toys from various sets he'd been given over the years, and turned to look at his dad "Daddy? Can y-you pwease help me make a tower?" His eyes, in Tony's mind, grew ten times, only adding to his cuteness and melting his heart.

"Like my one, kiddo?" He slid of the leather seat and joined Peter on the floor, kneeling next to him.

"Yeah!" His face lit up and he immediately started to play again, this time with his dad helping and making him laugh at silly jokes.

Natasha and Clint felt awkward watching the father and son bond so left after a few moments, silently maneuvering through the ventilation system, until they got outside where they vowed to not share Tony's secret son. Clint, of all people, knew why he'd want to hide his family far away from the danger their lives brought. The next day she subtly whispered to him they had forgotten something, come back last night and seen him with his kid. They both swore to secrecy.

After a month of this happening Tony offered the two teammates if they'd like to meet Peter properly and from then on the kid dubbed the two military spies Aunt Natty and Uncle Clint. For once, they didn't care that Tony laughed upon hearing their nicknames and were simply glad to have the little spider in their lives.

After all, who wouldn't want that?

A/N

[PUBLISHED 13/10/2018]

[FIRST EDIT 26/02/2019]

Jesus Christ, there was so much wrong with this chapter. I have to start editing more of these.

I wanted to create a story where Peter could be the adorable little kid he always is and i think it's okay. You know, since i'm terrible at family-bonding-stories not to mention this not being edited (yes... again).

Also i know that the ending was abrupt, i didn't know how else to do it. If you have any requests feel free to comment them or message me.

Heads up, the next chapters are the first two parts of the Nico Di Angelo crossover story that never quite made it into a lone book.

See you all in the next one~