THE LIFE OF PETER PARKER THE INTERN (HE'S ALSO SPIDER-MAN BUT HUSH)

It took a lot to be hired as an intern. There were multiple tests that were supposedly university level or higher, three interviews to narrow down the selection and a trial week. Somehow, Peter Parker managed to pass all of them with flying colours, beating the high score set by a gifted twenty-three year old, and started work in the research & development labs as a low level intern.

His first day was interesting. Many of the older interns couldn't believe that a sixteen year old had gotten a job at such a prestigious company but after seeing Peter finish his project, which was supposed to last two weeks, within a few hours. He'd created plans for a possible clean energy source and already started on building a simple prototype.

The supervisors tasked with watching over the interns spotted Peter's potential and promoted the teenager to a higher level lab. He was given the opportunity to work alongside actual employees and was awarded a steady paycheck, letting him help May pay the bills. They let him work a few hours after school, enough to earn a substantial amount of money each week.

He'd made friends on most levels. There was Wade Wilson, one of the workers in the testing station that was a mutant who, in theory, couldn't die and would heal at extraordinary rates. He was only two years older than Peter and more than a little crazy, that much to be expected when he uses himself as a crash dummy everyday.

Ned Leeds worked in the coding part of the labs along with Michelle Jones, mostly working on robots created by themselves or their colleagues. Ned shared a few hobbies with Peter, such as Lego building on the weekends (which they now spent together with plenty of snacks) but Michelle was a little different. 

She spent her weekends at robot fights, most of the time in abandoned warehouses and almost always illegal, with her extremely dangerous creations. MJ (as her friends called her) didn't need the money from the fights, which was notably a higher number than Peter had expected, she just liked to live her life on the wild side. Either way, she was fun to be around and made sure to keep Peter humble.

They were a year older than Peter, already out of school and working full time at Stark Industries thanks to their incredibly high IQ's, unusual for their ages.

Peter never stayed on one floor, he was popular among the interns and employees. He liked to help out wherever he was needed, which lead to some pretty odd work days.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

It was a month after Peter had gained his powers from the radioactive spider bite, spending the time since then off from both school and work, seriously ill as his DNA changed against his will. He'd been working on a few projects at home, but none more than his personal project he called S1D3R. He had powers, he wasn't going to waste them, and it became obvious to him he should use them to fight crime.

To do so, he'd need some trusty weapons. In his private notebook he had sketched out some basic blueprints for what he called 'web shooters' and a chemical formula for the webbing it self. On the next pages were ideas for costumes and other ways to hide his identity. He had seen the files containing the suits for the Avengers when helping out a particularly high level worker and knew how to make something similar.

He was working on project SP1D3R on his break when he thought the lab was empty. He wasn't aware of either MJ or Ned sneaking into the room or looking over his shoulder.

That was until Ned broke the silence "Dude, are you a superhero?" He asked excitedly, making Peter jump and almost fall out of his seat.

"Jesus shit-"

"Real smooth Parker, do you fight crime like that?" Michelle smirked and plucked the notebook out of her friends hand. Her eyes scanned over the pages and ignored Peter's feeble protests "Good designs, a bit too simple though. You could probably add something to make the 'webs' taser whoever you hit with them, you'll also want extra on a belt to make sure you don't run out."