GAMES, NAPS AND BASEBALL BATS

It was almost a dream to Peter, he could scarcely believe what he'd managed to do. He'd put so many hours, days, weeks, months, and even years, but, he'd finally made his longtime hobby his job. His best friend Ned, girlfriend Michelle and himself had worked together on a game. MJ had done most of the character art and backgrounds, Ned was the coding expert, and Peter had written out most of the story (though they all really played a part in the plot).

The game, which would hopefully be the first of many in a series, was scheduled for a release in two months. The guys spent many nights together checking for bugs and testing it out, making sure there were no painfully terrible glitches. Michelle also stayed up, often without sleep, to finish off the promotional art and even have a go at creating possible merchandise designs. 

The reaction online to their first teaser was overwhelmingly well received by fans. No doubt, a large percentage of their fanbase would love the hoodies, hats, shirts, and even bags, that Michelle was planning to propose to their sponsors.

Many online were curious by The Avengers. The characters were remarkably unique, the small proportion of the story they had seen was unlike anything they had seen before, and everyone was itching at the chance at buying the video game. Especially after one of the largest ThouTubers uploaded a playthrough onto their channel of a special beta edition that'd been sent out to raise the hype.

This could make the three best friends very successful. They'd all agreed when they realised their project had vast potential, no matter how many chances that came their way because of it, they'd always continue to talk and work together in between.

♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦

Peter leaned back in his office chair, stretching his arms up above his head until he heard a satisfying click. 

He rubbed at his eyes, blinking a few times, and stared at his computer screen. After taking a few days break to celebrate May's birthday with her, he asked Ned to send him his changes, and was exploring for more hidden glitches. 

He'd been doing so for hours and, thanks to a dreadful lack of sleep, was perhaps a few minutes away from passing out at his desk.

He pushed his laptop further back, pulling the checklist, which he had slipped underneath, out to quickly scan over. Most of what he'd planned to get done was completed, there were only a few things left, but they could wait until the morning. A nap couldn't hurt, right?

After a yawn, he set his head down on the table and slowly drifted off to sleep.

♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦○♦

He awoke to a loud explosion not too far from his flat. Peter leaped out of his chair, scrambling up and grabbed the baseball bat from where it was sat (they'd had troubles with robbers in the past). Cautiously, he shuffled across the floor, over to his window. 

Queens was in smoke, buildings around him demolished, but that was the least of his worries. He could see something flying around, something red and gold.

It didn't take long for him to recognise it as Iron Man, a character from the game. He was dreaming about the fucking game. Peter sighed, suddenly calm since he believed it all to be a figment of his imagination, and grabbed his backpack. 

He stuffed his laptop inside, a force of habit, and walked out of the apartment, the bat still in hand. Oh well, he may as well have fun and see what his sleep-deprived brain manages to come up with.