WHEN PETER STOPPED CALLING

Aunt May had died in an explosion around a month ago and Peter was a wreck in more ways than one. He never slept, was mostly fueled by caffeine, barely ate instead drinking more and put all of his effort into his patrols around the city as Spiderman. Over time he gradually stopped leaving voice messages for Happy, or calling anyone for that matter, and chose to steer away from the Avengers Tower from guilt. If he went there he couldn't trust himself not to break down in tears in front of his boss.

Tony, although he would never admit to anyone that asked, was worried about the kid and even the rest of the Avengers had noticed a change in the guys behaviour. He seemed to turn up even later than usual to every single meetings and when he wasn't burying himself into his work he was constantly checking his phone for messages from someone. The bags under Starks eyes were growing larger by the minute and his sleep patterns were all over the place. Whenever anyone asked about that Spider-kid he had brought to Germany with him he'd change the conversation or simply walk away from whoever was asking.

Just to make sure that Peter was still alive, Tony doubted it since KAREN reported that he still went out on his rounds but always turned the camera off, but was heartbroken to see the kid had been in a care home for a month after his last family member was killed. He discussed the matter with his wife, Pepper, and managed to persuade her to go through the process to adopt. She knew how much her husband cared for the young hero and agrees that the kid had grown on her despite never meeting so she did it. The paper work went quickly and in what felt like no time at all they were driving towards the home where Peter had been staying.

Most of the kids in the house were beyond amazed when the Tony Stark showed up with Pepper Stark in hopes to adopt a kid. None of them bothered to tell Peter since he rarely left his room to eat and had another few weeks off of school but still found a way to do his work. Maddy Town, the women that ran the care home among other adults, talked to Stark and was shocked when he requested to see then eventually adopt Peter Parker. She had learnt to leave that boy alone to grieve since all of her efforts to cheer him up were in vain. With the question of how Peter knew Stark, she guided the couple to his room located at the other end of the house.

She knocked gently on the door "Peter? You have two visitors, sweetie" She used a soft voice but made sure he could hear her on the other side of the door.

Peter got up from his desk and placed his pen onto the workbook to go the his door. He expected to find MJ and Ned there with another pile of work along with a funny story about Flash embarrassing himself which was happening more often, he was in no way prepared to see Tony and Pepper Stark "Mr Stark? What are you doing here?" He almost staggered back in surprise, instead opening the door wider. Maddy made a feeble excuse to leave about privacy but really went back to her office to try and figure out how the hell Parker knew two celebrities, one of which was an Avenger.

"Kid you stopped calling or even showing up to the tower, what was i supposed to do? Why didn't you tell me what had happened?" Tony took a step into his room while Pepper stayed outside of the doorway seeing as she wasn't that close to the boy.

"I-I couldn't s-save her" Peter felt tears slip out of his eyes as his mind forced him to relive one of the days he was desperately trying to block out. 

May had been taken hostage by a crazed man at her day-job with a bomb strapped to his chest and a gun pointed at her head. She had been allowed to make one phone call and obviously she chose Peter, there was no one she ever loved more. Sadly he couldn't pick up or even hear it ring since he had been in an exam at the time with the phone in the teachers possession so May had to leave a voicemail behind. She said that she loved him while crying her heart out, she said she was sorry for him losing another parent and he didn't deserve it. Before it could finish the bomb went off and in the message you could hear screams almost cover up Mays final words, 'I'm so sorry' then the entire building was blown up.

Tony pulled Peter into a hug, the kids face burying into his chest and his arms clutching to the last father figure he had. Stark comforted him by holding him close, not caring that tears might be ruining his suit or that anyone might be watching "It's not your fault, you couldn't of known what was going to happen."

It was a while until Peter had calmed down and returned back to his original question "Why are you here, don't you normally send Happy to pick people up or something?"

"Well kiddo, if you agree we're your next parents. That woman already has the paperwork ready you just need to give us an answer" Tony rested his hand on Peters mop of hair, messing it up slightly in a fond way.

Parker nodded enthusiastically at the proposition and was helped by the couple to pack up all of his stuff into his suitcase with his school work rammed into his backpack. They went to the office on the bottom floor to sign whatever they needed to sign so they could leave with the rest of the children watching with envy from the windows.

The rest of the Avengers were off in another county on a mission, or in Clints case at home with his family, leaving the new family enough time to settle in and bond together. Peter got used to calling Tony 'Dad' and Pepper 'Mum' while working out how to move around his new home without having to constantly use FRIDAYS help. Tony worked on a protocol named 'Night terror' for whenever his kid would wake up at early times, shaking from his nightmares. He liked calling Peter that. His kid. It felt right to him.

Now all that's left is to introduce the world and the rest of the team to Peter Stark, otherwise known as Spiderman.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 17/11/2018]

This was worth typing up from the written copy i did away from my laptop, what do you think? 

In case you're wondering i will be making a part two and the initial draft is halfway to being finished so you can expect that next (unless i get inspired by something).

I don't own the art at the top, my sketches are nowhere near that awesome.

This is not extremely edited at the time of me posting this so tell me if you mind any typos or any other mistakes.

See ya!