ENDGAME ALTERNATE (HAPPY?) ENDING

WARNING: OK. YOU'VE READ THE TITLE. YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS GOING TO HAVE SPOILERS FOR AND THAT IT WON'T HAVE A 100% ACCURATE ENDING AS THE MOVIE. IF YOU KEEP READING, THEN IT'S ON YOU.

I JUST WATCHED ENDGAME AS OF WRITING THIS SO I'M IN THE MOOD TO MEND MY BROKEN HEART, HAVE FUN READING WHATEVER SHITE I'VE COME UP WITH.

The mechanical beep was the only sound in the room, strange as Peter Parker was present and was notorious for his ability to never stop talking. Somehow he didn't seem like the same Peter he had been a few months ago, how could he be when fate had gone out of its way to make his life miserable. For the third time.

He sat silently by the hospital bed, hoping the flow of beeps from the heart monitor would never falter, and stared at the man laying there. Peter was the only one in the room, he was forced to pick a time to visit when the Avengers weren't there and unsurprisingly they had wanted to spend as much time with their teammate as they could.

May didn't mind her nephew staying at the newly built Tower (It had secretly been built closer to the Compound and even blended into its surroundings as a normal building), she knew very well why he was there, as did most of the world. Even though it was late in the day and the skies were already dark, she didn't worry as Pepper had called ahead, saying that he'd be staying in the room that had been meant for him.

His eyes were dry, but the bin full of scrunched up tissues in the corner signalled that he'd been crying for a long time. His eyes were red and there were still traces of dried tears on his cheeks. No one was going to talk to him, as far as he knew everyone that stayed there was either training or asleep, so Peter hadn't bothered with his appearance.

The face of Tony Stark was pale, his eyes stayed shut as they had for the last few weeks. Pepper had made sure that his goatee had stayed perfect, joking through her pain that he would be furious if when he woke up it had been left to grow out of control. She still held onto hope that he'd wake up, it was at the point that she refused any other ending for her husband.

While Peter had zoned out, lost in his own thoughts, someone limped through the open door and stood, shocked, in the entrance to the room. Natasha readjusted how she was leaning on her crutches, making sure to not have too much weight on her broken leg, and smiled to herself.

For months she had been aware of Stark's 'intern' who moonlighted as the famous Spider-Man but until then she hadn't been sure. Maybe she just hadn't wanted to believe that Tony would never of been so irresponsible to hire a teenager to fight in Germany against highly trained superheroes. Then again, Tony was never one to listen to his common sense (if he even had it).

She cleared her throat, smiling internally when the kid jumped, and moved to sit on the vacant chair beside him. Peter looked away sheepishly, unsure how to explain why he was there. Natasha didn't say anything for a moment, instead glancing over at her friend's emotionless stone-cold face, and propped up her crutches on her seat.

"You're the Spider-Boy aren't you?" Natasha asked, grinning when he looked up in shock "I'm a spy, kid, I know lots of things that Stark thought he hid from the world."

"It's Spider-Man." Peter mumbled under his breath, slightly embarrassed that he'd been found out, and stared at his mentor.

"Sure," She chuckled slightly and the room fell quiet again. This time it was a much more comfortable silence, though "You were close to him, weren't you."

"I hugged him once but he was just going to open the car door for me," He shrugged, smiling sadly at the stupid memory he had once panicked about, it seemed so stupid when he looked back on it "I don't think he was close to me, we fought a few times."