QUEENS TEENAGE DETECTIVES: THE UNFORTUNATE ENCORE

The pen tapped in a random rhythm against the desk as Ned's eyes scanned up and down the latest case files he'd found. They ranged from up to a week ago but, as he scrolled back up to the top, he realised there was one from only two hours ago.

Curious and slightly bored, he clicked on the file. He dropped the pen the moment he read the first sentence. 

Betty Brant, a sixteen year old female, was reported missing at precisely 8:19 AM on Wednesday 16th October and is suspected to of been abducted.

He fumbled on his table for his phone, sliding it unlocked, and immediately went for the group chat.

TheGuyInTheChair:

Level eight, Betty Brant has been kidnapped, case is two hours old. Meet me at B99.

BadAssBiotch:

I know you're upset, but we need you at your computer to help us, the rest of us will go to the precinct.

Seen by TheGuyInTheChair, SpeedyBoi and PeteyPieTheSweetyPie

Ned held his head in his hands. The moment he'd met Betty at the beginning of High School, he'd fallen hard for her, and just the thought of her in any sort of danger made him physically sick. He quickly shook himself back to reality, if he wanted to save Betty, he needed to focus.

He opened a program he'd been working on, one which scanned all CCTV in an area to find those of a certain description. Ned hurriedly found a clear picture of Betty from Midtowns website and put it in the search engine, adjusting the area code to a ten miles radius around her house.

However, he came away empty handed. She hadn't been caught on public transport, on the streets, the only other place to check was the possibility that her home had security cameras he could hack into.

It took all of two minutes for him to find them and pull up the footage from that day. Things seemed perfectly normal, until 6:48. A car with covered plates had pulled up on their street, three people dressed in all black and their faces covered. They walked up to her house, staying out of the streets lights, and hopped the fence into her back garden.

From there, they picked the back doors lock and sneaked inside. Minutes later, they emerged, with a knocked out Betty being carried between two of them, the third stuffing a rag in their pocket. If he had to guess, Ned would say it had been doused in chloroform.

He took screen shots from his computer and sent them to Peter, aware he'd most likely be the first at the station thanks to his 'unique' method of travel. Ned sent a follow up text with the exact times of the pictures and his theory.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Peter connected his phone to the precincts laptop, printing out the images Ned had sent and quickly scrawling the basic information on the back of the pages. Both Jake and Amy were in the Captain's office, discussing the fragility of the case, leaving him to start piecing together as much of the case as he could at the time.

"Hey, Parker." Flash called over to Peter, just arriving through the elevator along with Michelle. He had a bag on his back, most likely containing his fighting gear in case the need for action arose. You could never be too prepared.