THE HUMAN EMOTION OF ANGER

It took a lot of effort and energy to keep up the facade of being happy. Peter wasn't a bad person, his work as Spider-Man was proof of that, but that didn't stop him from having the very human emotions of hatred and anger. There were many times he had wanted to snap back at Flash, hurt the people who had insulted his family and especially at those who spoke poorly about Mr Stark.

He wasn't stupid either, he had seen the articles and news stories about Tony. Peter was aware of his mentors 'past' but it didn't seem fair that Stark was still being held accountable for some partying, to the point when it was even overshadowing his countless acts of saving the world. It was as if they saw Iron Man as a completely different person to the billionaire.

Then there were the ex-Avengers. Peter forgave them a long time ago, they were scared of being controlled by the government and panicked, but still, that didn't excuse all of their actions. Being worried about their future didn't mean Steve Rodgers hadn't almost killed Mr Stark. It didn't stop the fact that Rhodey could barely walk without the help of some of Tony's tech and hours of struggling.

Mr Stark had warned Peter that the other Avengers had been excused and would be arriving at the Compound within a few months, no specific date set. In theory, they'd be turning up at their doorstep at any day without warning.

Peter had been living at the Compound for almost an entire year. After being discovered by Stark, his Aunt May passed in a fatal accident and Tony chose to look after the kid. They weren't quite at the father-son status, but they were getting there. Even Pepper was, without realising it, taking on a motherly role around Peter and treating him as he was her own child.

It was the school break and Peter spent most of it at his home. When he wasn't in the laboratory working on a new Spider-Man suit or finishing off his holiday homework packs, he was lounging around on the family floor with Stark. Sundays had even become movie nights, often ending in Peter curling up under a blanket and sleeping on Tony's shoulder. The man didn't mind at all, secretly asking Friday, his AI, to take pictures and save them to his private album.

To everyone's surprise, including his own, Tony started attending a few important meetings to do with his company. Maybe it was from watching Peter dedicate himself to a project in his free time that encouraged Stark to do so or maybe Pepper's threats had finally sunken in, who could tell.

During one of those meetings, the Avengers arrived with their bags, leaving an already disgruntled Peter to greet them. At first they didn't believe that the teenager in front of them was Tony's personal intern but, after Friday confirmed what he had said, they followed him up to what was reserved to be their floor.

"So, kid-"

"Peter." He cut off Clint automatically, used to telling Stark off for calling him a child. In Peter's defence, he wasn't a kid anymore and had some adult-ish responsibilities. Even then, he only mildly tolerated being called a kid by Mr Stark.

"Peter, how come Tony isn't here to greet us himself?" Clint asked innocently, genuinely interested. As far as he knew there were no large Iron Man-level crisis's going on in the world, or off world for that matter.

"Mr Stark has been attending more of the meetings Pepper has asked him to, spending a lot of time working to fix any gaps in the company. There has been a surge in other businesses looking to collaborate with Stark Industries and it's always fun to shoot down the scammers." Peter smiled to himself, turning on a few stationary robots that sprung to life and took the Avengers luggage off to their separate rooms.

"It's not like Tony to do any actual work." Steve rolled his eyes.

"Well, Steve," Peter's voice turned cold, a large difference to the soft and calm persona he had only moments ago "That's because for years he had to focus on saving the worlds with you lot, getting the shrapnel heading for his heart removed and rebuild his home after multiple people blew it up. Sorry that he didn't want to die or not have a house and couldn't constantly work instead. Even then, he's completely remodelled his company to make the world a better place."