LIFE GOES ON WITHOUT THEM [ENDGAME SPOILERS]

HEADS UP, THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS FOR ENDGAME (IF YOU COULDN'T TELL BY THE TITLE (THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN ALTERED, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO PETER'S LIFE AND WHO KNOWS HIS IDENTITY)

THIS HAS NO CONTINUITY WITH THE SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME TRAILER OR MOVIE, I CAN PROMISE THAT.

IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT BY NOW AND DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY SPOILERS, DON'T READ THIS, UNLESS YOU'RE LIKE ME AND WELCOME SPOILERS TO A CERTAIN POINT.

THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!

*OMINOUS MUSIC PLAYS*

It was over, the war against Thanos had been won, but it hadn't come without its sacrifices.

Natasha fell to protect her closest friend, Clint, knowing his family would barely survive without him when they came back. Steve had gone back in time in order to return the infinity stones and was blessed to spend a long life with the woman he had always loved. Sam and Bucky found him not long after, the shield being passed on and relieving Rodgers of his duty. 

Then it was Stark's turn. The gauntlet was too much for him and while protecting the universe, fixing what Thanos had snapped, died. When the life faded from his eyes, Pepper was by his side and one of the last things he saw was Peter running to him after returning. 

Peter held his mentors hand, his third father figure, when he passed. The curse fate had burdened him with returned, only increasing his trust issues, and started to affect innocent people around him. He believed it was his fault and it would be a while until he could shake that shame off.

After the funerals, Peter left. Aunt May could see how her nephew was hurting and heard his silent begs to leave, the tears he shed at night when he thought she was asleep. She knew he needed time to heal, they both did. They had both faded to dust with the snap, along with half of the world, and that experience didn't come without its mental scars.

So they booked the first flight available, packed their bags and moved to England, or more specifically London. 

When a month had passed, Spider-Man appeared again and protected his new home which was easier said than done. It was hard, but it helped him through his grief and keep his mind of the man who died for the universe.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The shrill sound interrupted Peter's peaceful sleep, one that surprisingly hadn't been plagued by the usual nightmares. He groaned, rolled over and smacked it off of the bedside table, it immediately breaking on the floor. It was the fourth clock that month he had broken, May wasn't going to be happy.

Peter dragged himself out from underneath the covers over to the bathroom door, pushing it open and checked himself in the mirror. He looked so different. Four years had passed since he moved to the UK and you could tell, not only from his new adopted accent.

His hair was slightly longer, no longer gelled back and instead was allowed to be free. He was taller by a couple of inches, his head was still as round as ever but his faced was more toned. No longer having to hide his body from people at school under baggy clothes, he changed into a simple plain black tee and jeans.

Being nineteen years old, he was no longer in school and, instead of opting for college or university, jumped right into a job. It hadn't been long until the government in the UK had figured out who Spider-Man was under the mask and recruited him the moment he left Secondary school.