YOU CAN'T BREAK ME

QUICK WARNING: IF YOU ARE AT ALL TRIGGERED BY INFINITY WAR OR DEAD-SPIDEY OR DON'T LIKE MINOR CUSSING THEN YOU MIGHT WANT TO EITHER NOT READ THIS OR SKIP IF THERE'S ONE AFTER THIS CHAPTER. ALSO IT ISN'T EDITED AT THE TIME I'M POSTING IT.

Tony shook from anger, tears threatening to spill but, somehow, he managed to pick himself off the ground. He looked at the place where Peter had laid moments before crumbling away in his arms.

I don't want to go, I don't want to go

Those words echoed in his mind

His blurry eyes scanned across the battlefield until they fell upon the curse that had ruined his life. Thanos had tried to trap him in a cage to let him torture himself internally for the rest of his life but there was no way Stark was letting that purple freak get his way. He was fed up.

Up until then he'd lost himself in his own little world of make-believe, attending parties, getting drunk, constantly blocking out all the bad things happening around him. Up until then he was happy. But now he was broken. He took one step, then another, until he was striding towards that monster, his suit slowly forming around him and giving him the extra boost of confidence he needed. However, he didn't cover his face. He no longer wanted to hide behind the mask of the character he'd created.

Thanos turned his attention to Stark the exact moment the mortal opened his mouth "You mother fucker." He growled while the remaining members of his team formed around him. There was no way he was waiting for Captain Marvel to get there, it would end now.

"Stark, don't do anything stupid, we've already lost too many good people" Steve started but before he could add to his warning Tony spoke again.

"Yes we have and that ends right now" While he snarled out that statement, his eyes burned a hole into Thanos's worthless soul.

Tony was past the point of stopping himself. He let his emotions on display instead of deceiving everyone, even Pepper, like he had done over and over again. He wouldn't conform to the usual standards of fighting, Thanos had broken those rules the moment he stepped onto the battlefield and Stark couldn't take anymore of the creatures bliss in his 'accomplishment'.

Tonys' blasters hummed into life and shot at Thanos within nano-seconds of each other. Each one was for every person that had fallen. One for T'challa, one for Strange, one for Fury, one for Maria, one for Quill, one for Gamora, one for each one of the amazing people that Thanos had destroyed. But, most importantly, one for Peter.

I don't want to go, I don't want to go

Inspired by the heartbroken mans efforts, everyone else gave everything they had left inside of them and used it against Thanos. Clint fired every single arrow he had, Natasha threw her blades and whatever weaponry she could get her hands on with deadly precision. Steve used his shield, Thor used his lightning and hammer while Bruce let the Hulk take over once more. None of them wanted to go, Thanos would have to make them. 

I don't want to go, I don't want to go, make me...

I don't want to go, I don't want to go...

You can't break me

A/N

[PUBLISHED 18/10/2018]

Yes, it's a crappy post but i was inspired by one of my favorite songs (linked at the top) and i just had to write it the best i could. Sorry it turned out so short. Either way, i hope you enjoyed this one. Let me know if you have any requests in the comments or by messaging me. Also, is it just me or is that song by Set It Off awesome!

See ya in the next one!