EXPOSED TO THE WORLD

For most people, it was a completely ordinary change with no differences from the rest. Hell, even Peter Parker thought nothing was special, to him and everyone it was just a normal Thursday.

Peter woke up early, a surprise to both him and May, and managed to even get a shower into the morning before grabbing a quick breakfast. He walked to school, the subway close to his house was running too late for him to get there in time. He didn't look at his notifications, he didn't spot the crazy number of texts from Ned or the rest of his contacts in his phone, he had put it on silent the night before.

It was when he finally arrived at school Peter saw the people staring at him. Looks of disbelief, shock and even admiration. That couldn't all be from the fact he was early for once, something else was going on and he needed answers.

As luck would have it, Ned ran through the growing crowd in the hallway with his phone on a news article, thrusting it into his friends face "Dude, I've been trying to tell you for ages, have you not seen it?"

"Seen what, w-what are you-" Peters voice died as he read the headline on the article, his heart rising in panic.

SPIDER-MAN'S IDENTITY REVEALED: A TEENAGE HERO BEHIND THE MASK

There were two pictures at the top of the page, one of Spider-Man from a few months ago (most likely reused from another story) and one of normal Peter Parker, taken yesterday from someone who seemed to be hiding by the school entrance.

"Shit" He stepped back "Ned, I have to go, May might be in danger."

"Go, Peter, I'll keep an eye on the news for you. Go!" Ned ushered his friend out, seeing the fear in Peters eyes. He had never seen him look so afraid before, despite the many times death was just staring him in the face and Peter was practically edging it on.

Peter sprinted back out of the school into a nearby alley and, once out of everyone's sights, he teared off his clothes to stuff them into his backpack, underneath the Spider-Man suit ready for action.

"Hello Peter, shouldn't you be in school?" Karen was her usual warm and friendly self, blissfully ignorant to what had happened overnight.

"Karen, call Mr Stark now, it's urgent." He scaled a nearby building, running across the rooftops (with some assistance from his webs) towards his apartment. May would still be there, it was her day off from work.

"Calling Tony Stark."

"Hey kiddo, I thought these were school hours, do I need to call that Aunt of yours?" Tony sounded tired, obviously having of just woken up. Meaning, he didn't know.

"Mr Stark something bad has happened, I don't know what to do-" Peter rambled incredibly fast, becoming more and more panicked with every second.

"Whoa, kid, calm down. Take a breath, what's going on?" On his end, Tony stood up out of bed and started to head towards where his latest suit was. 

"Mr Stark, someone leaked my identity, May might be in trouble, I need to get to her."

"Jesus Christ, okay, kid. I'll send people to go get her, you just need to get to the Compound now, we can sort it all out when I know both of you are safe." Stark started firing off texts to Happy and a few other trustworthy agents that owed his favors. In the span of a few hours May would be at the Compound with most of her and Peter's belongings, ready to move in.

"Thank you Mr Stark, wait, what about my friends? Are they going to be okay?" Peter came to a halt, scanning the city for the quickest route to the Avengers Compound.

"Tell me their names, I'll get people to keep an eye on them for a while." Stark rubbed his hand down his face, that kid was going to give him grey hairs early on, or a heart attack.