ORPHANAGE [SPIDEYPOOL AU]

Peter's parents died when he was three years old and not a single memory of them remained in his mind. Whenever he tried to think of them he was greeted with two blurry faces and overwhelming disappointment. 

There was no one to ask about them, his Aunt and Uncle had died before he was born and no other family member was found to be alive. All that was left as his parents legacy was a blurred image and a child all alone in the world.

He had been in an orphanage as long as he could remember and was lucky enough to be placed with an amazing roommate only one year older, Wade Wilson. Wade had also lost his parents, his father before he was born from an hit-and-run and his mother during childbirth. 

He could relate to the hopelessness Peter felt when he also tried to remember his family, that becoming the start of their 'friendship'. He was also a little rebellious (to put it lightly) and would spend most nights on the roof with him, talking.

They liked spending time on the roof, only when it was dark to avoid being spotted of course, as it let them get away from the other kids. One kid in particular, Flash Thompson. He had concocted a story of his parents leaving him there as a toddler to protect them as he was from a very wealthy family and, despite his story changing so many times, tricked most of the others into believing it.

He was infuriated Peter and Wade never believed him and that they wouldn't hesitate to call him out on his bullshit. Flash decided it was best to blame everything bad he did on the duo, getting the head of the house on his side into hating the two boys, and beat them up every chance he got.

By the time Peter was fifteen and Wade was sixteen they were a couple. Of course they didn't let anyone know, they knew for a fact the head of the house was homophobic, and neither cared about not being intimate. They had just as healthy relationship without kissing every time they saw each other.

The only times they could act as more than friends was on the roof. Most the time Peter would be sitting in front of Wade, the older boy hugging him from behind, watching the sun set (or in a few occasions rise).

They never expected to be adopted into any family, and decided to live in the resent rather than the future like most of the kids in the orphanage. Wade had promised Peter that when he had to leave he'd use the money (a large amount secretly stashed from his weekend job which he'd had for years) and buy an apartment. 

He'd get a stable job with a good paycheck then wait for him. From there they'd live together and face whatever life threw at them without a plan.

Wade kept to his word and moved into a reasonably sized apartment upon turning eighteen. He texted Peter in the evenings, even once sneaking to a nearby park to meet with his boyfriend for an evening, and made sure to stay in touch.

He was the first to hear about Tony Stark visiting the orphanage with his wife, Pepper Stark, on the look for a kid. Perhaps because he was one of Stark's interns.

All the planning in the world couldn't prepare them for what came on the day of the visit.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Peter was sitting by the window reading a paper Bruce Banner had published a few months ago. Wade had sent it to him for his sixteenth birthday and he couldn't put it down. Not just because of the amazing content but because of the sweet note his boyfriend had scribbled on a post-it note slipped inside. He used it as a bookmark, an infectious smile spreading to his face whenever he read it.

He wasn't paying attention to anything going on around him. The only reason he was even in the living room instead of his bedroom was because there was supposed to be a visitor. He zoned out when they had talked about it two weeks ago, he didn't care. Peter wasn't expecting to be adopted and didn't want to, he was waiting to move in with Wade in two years.